Moment-by-Moment (MbM) Trading strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by rajesheck, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Go with the flow. The philosophy of this strategy is that while trading in a highly speculative market like stock market "Profits cannot be predicted, yet losses can be predicted and avoided". In other words a target price is unpredictable, yet momentum gives signal of possible loss.

Highlights of the MbM trading technique:
    1. Moment-by-Moment decision making : Momentary Momentums
    2. No Target : Target is UNpredictable
    3. No Stoploss : Loss is Predictable and avoidable.
    4. Works both for trends and range bounds
    5. Works both for trends and trend-reversals
    6. Works best for Primary Index of an Exchange
    The technique is Entering at second support/resistance either with the trend or trend-reversal, and Exit with the same approach (second support/resistance).

Please post your futures chart for analysis. :)

"Making money depends on the quality of focus, not the quantity of knowledge."

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    prabu67 likes this.
  2. Simple steps to follow the strategy.

Step #1
    Current volatility must be at least 0.4% approximately.

Step #2
    Determine whether the present situation is a trend or a range.

Step #3
    Trend situation
    For bullish trends look for two consequent supports (after major resistance).

For bearish trends look for two consequent resistance (after major support).

For bullish trend-reversal look for two consequent resistance.

For bearish trend-reversal look for two consequent support.

Range situation
    From range support level look for two consequent supports.

From range resistance level look for two consequent resistance.

Step #4
    Exit a buy when two consequent resistance forecasts a loss.

Exit a short sell when two consequent support forecasts a loss.

Step #5
    Always review your trades regularly.

3. Your Analytical Skill + Stock Trading = POISON

Brokers know nothing about how to make money in trading business. All they want is to promote trading somehow. A simple way is to make people to believe that trading is simple and profitable. They promote useless tools and worthless training to people. All they want is brokerage.

Stock market is the most speculative business in the world. It needs quick decision making skills to survive. There is absolutely no scope beyond a simple prediction based on a short lived momentum.

Please apply your analytical skills somewhere else but not here. All your analytical skills are meaningless in a high speculative market like stock market. I know these words will hurt your ego. I am just telling the ruthless truth about the merciless stock market. No mercy shown here and no amount of analytical skills are enough.

Don't believe me when I say short-term forecasts are myth. See how Warren Buffet warns to other investors about short-term market forecasts. Not even a genius can predict for short-term investments or for a trading. So please save your analytical skills for something else.

[​IMG]

4. I am a kind of lazy genius in stock trading who has a blend of creativity, intuitions, insights and wisdom about this funny yet dangerous trading business. Honestly I know not a big deal of knowledge about stock trading as mush as you do. But I just ask you one simple question "Do you want more knowledge or more money?" You decide. :)

No amount of knowledge or analytical skills are ever enough in this merciless trading business. Extraordinary focus can only transform an ordinary trader into a professional trader. Trade "Here and Now". Moment by moment. Use momentum. Predict not the target. Forecast losses and avoid it. Thats the one and only way to survive as a professional trader.

All the best to you. :)

[​IMG]

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  5. If you cannot put the strategy in computer to backtest it, it is useless.

apollochung likes this.
  6. Anything can be back tested. The algo software must be smart and programmer smarter. Yet both back tests and automated trading are practically useless. It may be a good hobby for many but not a profession. Show me one business in the world whose business decisions are fully automated, of course other than stock trading. Algo companies are literally selling video games to adults and brokers promoting them shamelessly. An auto pilot aircraft can never match the reflexes of a pilot. Algos can never match a trader's instincts. Period ! Business is a blend of science and art which only a fool can think of automating it.

I created this thread for sleeping genius to awaken them, not for stubborn heads. I know my audience. I am not stupid to convince stupids. :)

_eug_ likes this.
  7. algofy

algofy

Did you really just call yourself a "lazy genius in stock trading"?

8. Without programable rules, your so called strategy can be anything. I dont see any clear defined rule in your wording at all.

9. dumpdapump

dumpdapump

Appears to be Hokuspokus. If a profit cannot be predicted then a loss cannot be predicted either. Your attempt to imply logic in why not to set a stop loss is flawed. Like with any trade entry the trade can go a second later into red territory. Trading is all about probabilities. A trend may skew such probabilities but that should never negate the existence of a mental or hard stop loss because past trends can break down or reverse any time.

10. dumpdapump

dumpdapump

Thanks for the highly philosophical yet totally useless wash list of trading "wisdom". And honed and proven analytical skills are more important than anything else in trading PRECISELY BECAUSE it's impossible to predict future prices in the very short term.

#10     Jul 4, 2017