Mirus prop shop

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by fahim6767, Nov 26, 2011.

1. kstrader

kstrader

I created an account today after coming across this thread. You do have a point Fahim. Hard Eight is comprised of very successful traders. The MD's are all ex-Susquehanna so their knowledge of the markets is what most of us dream for. It is frightening to see that they hold ownership in both MirusFX and Zen Fire. We cannot say WHAT THEY DO with having this access, but we do know what is VERY possible. Something to ponder upon and maybe even bring up to Mirus.

Just curious, what makes you say they are one of the largest players in Chicago? I know who they are, but want to hear what you have to say. Also it is easy to say that Fahim simply made a mistake and meant that Hard Eight has ownership in MirusFX and Zen Fire as opposed to the other way around. To say they would not use that to their advantage though is giving them the benefit of the doubt. You can't be to quick to assume. In fact, this should be taken very seriously and I know many Mirus clients would probably have second guessed opening account if they had this information prior.

#21     Feb 19, 2012
  2. 3. In the case of futures orders, the first party’s order must be entered into the Globex platform first and the second party’s order may not be entered into the Globex platform until a period of 5 seconds has elapsed from the time of entry of the first order.

So, essentialy how the broker could front run a futures order 'internally' vs its customers if it has to wait 5 seconds?

#22     Feb 19, 2012
  3. kstrader

kstrader

I created an account today after coming across this thread. You do have a point Fahim. Hard Eight is comprised of very successful traders. The MD's are all ex-Susquehanna so their knowledge of the markets is what most of us dream for. It is frightening to see that they hold ownership in both MirusFX and Zen Fire. We cannot say WHAT THEY DO with having this access, but we do know what is VERY possible. Something to ponder upon and maybe even bring up to Mirus.

Just curious, what makes you say they are one of the largest players in Chicago? I know who they are, but want to hear what you have to say. Also it is easy to say that Fahim simply made a mistake and meant that Hard Eight has ownership in MirusFX and Zen Fire as opposed to the other way around. To say they would not use that to their advantage though is giving them the benefit of the doubt. You can't be to quick to assume. In fact, this should be taken very seriously and I know many Mirus clients would probably have second guessed opening account if they had this information prior.

#23     Feb 29, 2012