Mirus prop shop

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by fahim6767, Nov 26, 2011.

1. fahim6767

fahim6767

Hello, I have been searching between AMP and Mirus for Ninjatrader or Multicharts.

I just did basic nfa search on them and discover very interesting fact that Mirus/Zenfire also owns a Prop Shop HARD EIGHT FUTURES LLC .

That is very scary to me. I’m speculating right now but if they know their clients trades and can see all the orders, they can use that knowledge to their advantage for their prop shop. I don’t think it should be allowed for Mirus to prop trade ever. Especially after MF global situation.

What do you think?

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

No f*cking way they own Hard Eight. AMP and Mirus are bucket shops next to Hard Eight. Hard Eight is one of the largest players in Chicago. Each Partner alone could buy out Mirus 50 times over. I don't believe this for a second.

3. The market doesn't care about your position. You could be spreading, hedging, directional, ect. The market is just a utility. You can profit from an institutions losses in CL for example and they could be profiting at the same time in NG not caring about their CL losses while you are on the other side making money.

Trade the market for what it is. The money is in the daily swings. Sell the downmoves, buy the upmoves and ride them to the extent that the past has proven likely.

4. fahim6767

fahim6767

Yes, that is what is scaring me. HARD EIGHT FUTURES LLC such a big prop shop and owns Mirus. Can they not take the other side of our trades or push the market to our stops?

See NFA: IGOR CHERNOMZAV

BIGWELLS TECHNOLOGY LLC
    • PRINCIPAL APPROVED
    FORTY4 ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC
    • PRINCIPAL APPROVED
    HARD EIGHT FUTURES LLC
    • PRINCIPAL APPROVED
    MIRUS FUTURES LLC
    • PRINCIPAL APPROVED

See NFA: CALEB FRYER FISHKIN

BIGWELLS TECHNOLOGY LLC
    • PRINCIPAL APPROVED
    FORTY4 ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC
    • PRINCIPAL APPROVED
    HARD EIGHT FUTURES LLC
    • PRINCIPAL APPROVED
    MIRUS FUTURES LLC
    • PRINCIPAL APPROVED

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are changing your story. First you said Mirus owns Hard Eight. Now you are saying Hard Eight owns Mirus. Neither are true. One of the partners is a principal at Mirus which probably relates to their CTA business.

6. fahim6767

fahim6767

There is no story... this is fact. After MF Global you have to at least do basic search when choosing a broker.

Even more interesting - Hard Eight owns Zenfire and Mirus.

See NFA: BIGWELLS TECHNOLOGY LLC - doing business as Zenfire

All of these owners are listed as more than 10% share of Zenfire:

BIGTICK LLC
    KEVIN LEONARD BOHREN
    SCOTT S CAUDELL
    IGOR CHERNOMZAV
    CALEB FRYER FISHKIN
    PATRICK JON SHAUGHNESSY
    ELIOT JAMES WICKERSHEIMER

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'll tell you what man. Take off the tin foil hat and open an account with Velocity then. Problem solved.

8. ammo

ammo

there is a lot of dough in making money off your commish,both sides,whether you win or lose, they win,they can't hunt your stops,because they(bigwell) are being hunted by goldie,jp...the segment of the market gives them a clue as to when the little guy is x% long times 5(?) million customers and how often statistically that's over bought/sold..maxed out...exhausted....and they can combine that with some other data and catch the big turns,you have to figure it out without that data ,but you are only moving one 5 millionth of a position

9. ddouglas

ddouglas

I run two data feeds from unrelated companies, one of which is Mirus/ZF. It never diverges from the other data feed. If they're running stops, everyone is running stops - all together, in unison.

The market itself is the great stop-running machine in the sky. These guys just charge a fee for access.

10. fahim6767

fahim6767

I think my previous post belongs to this thread:

Because of MF Global, we have to really look into the whole business of the brokers. When i started doing a little research about mirus this is what i found and i started thinking about it and it scared me.

Hard Eight is a major prop shop.
    Hard Eight owns more than 10% of both mirus and zenfire.

Since all customers orders are entered through zenfire, with a little programming, Hard Eight could see all of the customers positions and stops and either take the other side of our orders or push the market to run our stops. It could be a "market profile" of actual customer orders...that is scary

#10     Nov 27, 2011