Migrating a Successful Algo from Tradestation to Centerpoint or IB

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jsingh1022, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Hi -- I have a successful automated strategy on Tradestation for equities. The reason I need to move the strategy to Centerpoint Securities or Interactive Brokers is because the Tradestation Easy-to-Borrow list is too small.

Tradestation's EasyLanguage was very easy to navigate and build the automated strategy. Does anyone have an idea what may be the path of least resistance to migrate?

Centerpoint allows the DAS API and the Sterling API. Interactive Brokers (IB) seems to allow DAS, Sterling, and MultiCharts. I think Centerpoint is preferred because the reputation for their borrow list seems to be the best.

I'd be willing to pay a programmer if they were comfortable making the migration. Thanks

2. I use NinjaTrader and IB because NinjaTrader in C# gives alot of flexibility. If you consider using NT for your migration get in touch. Regards

3. Ok thanks. I will consider that. I do seem to see IB mentioned in this forum far more than Centerpoint. Does anyone here have working algorithms with Centerpoint?

4. It apears the Centerpoint offers Real Tick Pro and Sterling Pro as their trading platforms.
    Further research indicates that Real Tick has no real auto-trading API....it uses a macro approach to generating automatic orders.
    So you are stuck with Sterling Pro for the most part....the API of which has not been supported that well...when I reviewed it several years. Now it may have been updated since then....dunno.
    Here are some valuable links for you: Good luck !!
    http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index.php?threads/real-tick-or-trade-station.192824/
    http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index...g-trader-pro-api-developers-out-there.295441/

5. Thanks for the info syswizard

6. Hello, I had the same issue with TradeStation; they have a horrible borrow list for shorting, and often stocks that are shortable will either be marginable at 50%, or on an all-cash basis, which KILLS your 4 to 1 intrday buy power. I made the switch years ago to Interactive Brokers, but have paid a fortune to create many automated strategies with TradeStation's Easy Language. I happened to find software called "METAORDER RT" that works flawlessly, and sends all of my TradeStation-generated automated trades to the Interactive Broker platform for execution.

I am currently trying to find similar software to send TradeStation orders to the Sterling Pro trading platform for execution, because I can get huge intraday buy power with Sterling; any ideas as to how to get this done for a reasonable price would be very much appreciated! Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017