Members with "Guest" beneath their User Name

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by wrbtrader, Nov 18, 2020.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Why do some members have the identification of "Guest" beneath their user name even when they have many message posts as shown in the screenshot below ?

It's almost as if Baron knows something about the member and has placed the person on probation period or maybe there's something new in the registration process that wasn't completed.

The below member had 473 message posts and was still being identified as a guest. I've saw the "Guest" designation before but it was usually tag to some members (not all) that had very low post counts.

In addition, I've seen members post normally with no identification beneath their user name but they publicly announce they're leaving the forum...to later return with the "Guest" identification beneath their user name and they seem to be posting normally.

The particular member below was last seen in 2011 but I've seen other members with the "Guest" designation beneath their user name as of late 2019 to imply its still being used to either moderate someone or something else only known to Baron / moderators.

111820-Guest-Members.png

wrbtrader

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

A user like that is someone who requested that their registration be deleted. This mainly happens when someone quits the trading phase of their life and doesn't want any personally identifiable information like their email address or any other registration data to be associated with them.

wrbtrader likes this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Baron,

Thanks for the explanation.

wrbtrader

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I think that's the shortest reply you've ever written. :D

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hm, that is interesting. Maybe a "no longer active user" would be better. Or "faithless poster." :)

wrbtrader likes this.
  6. themickey

themickey

When I was a kid, the pastor called those who left the faith 'backsliders'.
    If you were one of them you were the lowest of the low. Hahaha :)