'Meaningful Work'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tom B, May 29, 2012.

1. You're a racist!!!!!!!!!!!!

How dare you criticize a black man. You white jack asses think you own and control everything. You're just a race care driving red neck.

#11     May 30, 2012
  2. So I get this job cleaning bathrooms, and the boss says, "Be the best gd bathroom cleaner this company has ever seen."

So I became the best gd toilet cleaner the co ever saw.

So his boss comes to me and says "gee whiz, you can really make a bathroom shine, I need you in the warehouse, I'll get someone else to clean the bathrooms".

So I run the warehouse, make it shine and sparkle, his boss says to me, I need someone to run this whole place, like you run the warehouse.

So now I run the whole place.

Everyone I hire starts out in the bathroom, emptying waste baskets, yada yada.

No one takes the "menial" work serious. But if you can't clean a bathroom, what makes you think you can handle more responsibility?

Sorry guys, I thought about this, a whole lot, and no getting around it. You have to pay your dues. There are no friggin short cuts.

You can start at the top but you'll fold under pressure without experiencing the grunt work.

You skip a step on that ladder and bada bing bada boom, you'll fall to the ground.

----------------------------

#12     May 30, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

+1

You also gain the knowledge of the menial tasks, so when you ask why something isn't done a particular way, or why it took so long, you know if you're being bullshitted.

#13     May 30, 2012
  4. Right on the money. We have a bunch of fresh faced college grads who know all the buzz words, are long on theory and short on practical application. That's how you get to 30:1 leverage and say, no problem. They've never seen an overloaded toilet back up.

#14     May 30, 2012
  5. This simple concept has been lost on our youth.

We give them participation trophies just for showing up late. I can't blame them, liberal 'fairness' and feel-good policies have destroyed any motivation to succeed in our youth. They just want you have worked for by Occupying you.

But that is the goal of liberalism. Keep the peasants down and reliant, not on themselves, but the new religion known as government.

#15     May 30, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

In their defense, neither did I when I was their age. But I wasn't afraid to roll up my sleeves and learn how to do the dirty job.

#16     May 30, 2012
  7. That's it exactly. What we have today are a bunch of people who think that their degree, in and of itself, entitles them to a management position.

#17     May 30, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Parents are to blame for a lot of that.

#18     May 30, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Their degree, or their family name.

#19     May 30, 2012
  10. Both! And if you have enough of both, you too can be president even if you're a vapid moron.:D

#20     May 30, 2012