MBtrading issue

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by davidmaria1, Feb 13, 2008.

1. MBtrading demo account. I checked the system at approx 2am eastern time and it was running fine. When I checked again at 4 am, it had logged off. When I logged back on, I had an open order (GBP/JPY) without any record of the order or fill in the book, just an open position. Any trades from the previous 12 hours were not in the order book either. Also, their charts appear to update randomly, at this posting 4:40 EST, 1 chart has not updated since 4:40. Anyone have experience with this fx broker?

2. Update.
    It was actually 10 minute delay on their charts. The charts seem to lag quite a bit.No question about connectivity on my end (DSL, dual core, 4g ram), no response from MB either. Anyone else

3. Just got off the phone with MB support. I was told that was a possible "ghost" order on the demo. As far as the charts, I was told they use tick data and the charts are delayed quotes. I like the platform, but those "issues" sound a little screwy.

4. I wouldn't exactly call them charts. They're more like reference. It's a relatively new feature that was added just to have some type of visual. You'll need your own. Many packages can use their feed ranging from free to a couple hundred. As far as demo goes - the demo environment does not represent the live experience - it's a demo. MBs demo environment is used by MB for their own testing of software releases and updates. That said, I've had very few problems with my live account and am overall pleased to date.

5. That's what it sounds like. I am also running an Oanda demo, they have no trailing stops available, but their charts are better.
    FXCM demo seems pretty stable, a little quirky at first on execution. Forex.com did not seem all that great.
    Big Frank--what do you use for charting?

6. I use Neoticker which, in my opinion, is the most advanced and flexible platform available. MB can be integrated. It's not free but you get what you pay for. Think of it this way - the $$ you save on just one gone-wrong bucketed trade with the other "brokers" out there will pay for professional grade charting each month.

www.tickquest.com (posted because they are a sponsor)

7. ssss

ssss

davidmaria1

That's what it sounds like. I am also running an Oanda demo, they have no trailing stops available, but their charts are better.
    FXCM demo seems pretty stable, a little quirky at first on execution. Forex.com did not seem all that great.
    Big Frank--what do you use for charting?
    ###############################

mbtrading ,fxcm only downloading version
    mgforex.com html (very stable) and java

gftforex and fxsol/proedgefx downloading and web ,but
    web are not so stable as mgforex (limited pair's)

single click have fxcm(6 mb dwonloading) ,fxsol downloading
    (20 mb ) ,but not fxsol web , ggftforex web and gftforex downloading (20 mb of different junk)

gftforex have more pair's as oanda

ecn have mbt and hotspotfx demo

8. Neoticker looks like a nice integration. Appreciate the info. Thanks

9. It's got a steep learning curve but once you're past it it'll help you take your trading to the next level.

10. mktman

mktman

Frank,

Neoticker great product been using it for 2 years now your right does have a bit of a learning curve.

Are you trading equities or forex or a combo of both? Sure wish one could trade both forex and equities at the same time but not possible

#10     Feb 13, 2008