MASSIVE MOVE awaits tomorrow, wednesday for Dow, SP, Russell

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Feb 26, 2008.

1. This is a great image! Perhaps you or someone else can make a similar one with Ben hanging from a helicopter...

#11     Feb 26, 2008
  2. LOL!!!! Good stuff bro!

I think I should start posting stuff I hear in my daily life as a retail broker calling on investors, and would be's. The things I hear from them...:D

Here's one. I get a new retiree sent to me. He says, "ain't no way I'm going to put my retirement in the 'stalk' market to gamble it away! I'm looking at a trailer park (no shit) for rental income."

I thought I was going to piss myself as I was showing him to the door. Yes, I was nice about it. Even told him I would give him a call. Oh yes, he did it. He bought the trailer park. :confused: :D

#12     Feb 26, 2008
  3. [​IMG]

#13     Feb 26, 2008

4. Market is in a rally mode according to Investors Business Daily. Bullish for the first time since 2008.

#14     Feb 26, 2008
  5. How is this determined?

#15     Feb 26, 2008
  6. Sorry, I made an incorrect post and deleted it.

My bullish percent is calculated based on P&F charting techniques.

A chart is considered bullish if the last breakout pattern encountered was bullish (e.g. a double-top breakout formation). A chart is considered bearish if the last breakout pattern encountered was bearish (e.g. a double-bottom breakout formation).

The total number of charts that are bullish are then divided by the total number in the survey.

I used to do something similar to this with
    % of stocks above 50ma
    % of stocks above 100ma
    % of stocks above 200ma
    but I have found the former to be more reliable.

#16     Feb 26, 2008
  7. As an example, here is a small current P&F chart of Abbott laboratiories.

As you can see the last pattern on this chart was a triple bottom breakout. This chart would be bearish in my count

• abt.png
      File size:
      10.4 KB
      Views:
    #17     Feb 26, 2008
  8. Hey that's pretty cool.

I never was able to figure out P&F charts. Maybe I should give it another go. Never know what might turn up.

#18     Feb 26, 2008
  9. still concerned that one series of ec report and combination of words will start massive selloff

#19     Feb 26, 2008
  10. Specterx

Specterx

It is puzzling to say the least that the market continues to rally even though econ data is worsening much faster than expected, housing continues to fall and the credit-crisis outlook hasn't materially improved. Can't complain though, there's a nice uptrend on the ES...

#20     Feb 26, 2008