Market with Cheapest transaction costs?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TheWizeNut, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I am looking for a market that has the absolute cheapest transaction costs. I want my cost per trade to be as low as possible.

This could be in any type of market that trades can be executed quickly (so there is an assumption of "good" liquidity) on the computer or over the phone (Stocks, Stock futures, cash commodities, commodity futures, gold/silver bouillon or their derivatives, stocks in India or South America, I mean absolutely positively anything!)

I believe in technical and trend trading (opinions aside please) and want to establish the same strategies but in different, cheaper markets.

Does anyone know of an ultra cheap market?

As far as the reliability of clearing houses and trade guarantees, I will do that research myself. Right now I am trying to isolate the cost component.

Thanks!

2. hajimow

hajimow

I have a special account and I pay only 15 cents for trading 100 shares of a stock. No ifs and buts and no promise to trade certain number of shares. Does it sound interesting?
    If I trade 1000 shares, I pay $1.5. If I trade 500 shares, I pay 0.75. If I trade 10,000 shares, I pay $15.

3. hajimow

08-16-12 01:21 PM
    I have a special account and I pay only 15 cents for trading 100 shares of a stock. No ifs and buts and no promise to trade certain number of shares. Does it sound interesting?
    If I trade 1000 shares, I pay $1.5. If I trade 500 shares, I pay 0.75. If I trade 10,000 shares, I pay $15.
    -------------------------------
    great who is the broker

4. hajimow

hajimow

5. Ktoeto

Ktoeto

You can consider Russian FORTS market which stands for Futures and Options of RTS (RTS or Russian Trading System is the name of the Moscow stock exchange). The most liquid instrument being traded is futures on RTSI index. Average daily turnover in 2011 was 1 890 000 contracts per day. Currently it is being traded at about 140 000 points which is $2800. The margin required is 9758 roubles which equals to $305. The cost of transaction will be roughly 5 roubles ($0,16) round trip all included.

6. Forex?

7. I trade forex and as far as I know it is one of the most expensive, especially when you add in accrued interest.