Market top here because TVIX 1-year high volume today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KCalhoun, Jan 24, 2020.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

i've never called a market top before, but i think we have it today, or at least a correction coming, because VIX etn short squeeze/1 yr high volume & bullish engulfing in TVIX VXX UVXY today; I'm long all 3 ... thoughts?

Ken Calhoun

ps bearish engulfing SPY too :)

Pekelo likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Ahh, the old hindsight. Call a top after a 1% drop.

The 20% correction is incoming because I am long 3 micro NQ from this morning. THAT is your guidepost.

Onra, comagnum, jys78 and 4 others like this.
  3. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Top may or may not be in but I think we'll test ATH again before a real top.

KCalhoun likes this.
  4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

charts tvix24jan1yr.jpg tvix24jan2d.jpg

5. Specterx

Specterx

Might be a short-term top, but with this Fed stance any correction is to be bought (if for some reason you're not long already). Market expectations are shifting to full-on QE4 announcement by the end of Q1 and Caveman Powell won't dare disappoint. Might be the last significant correction we see before the indices blow off.

jys78 likes this.
  6. padutrader

padutrader

yes I always know what the market is going to do.....if I am long it will fall......if I sell it spike up

7. padutrader

padutrader

since 2008 there have been 8 times when the market has closed below the previous monthly low.
    that is proof of a remarkable consistency in the monthly up trend.

the trend has to show inconsistency first and it will still go up after that.... before rolling over.

a 12-16 year up trend will not turn on a dime and will need large distribution to cause even a 30-50% correction.

this is a buy on dip market.

no idea how much it will dip though.

8. padutrader

padutrader

'Market top here because TVIX 1-year high volume today?'

tomorrow you will get another top on 2 year high volume and another top on 3 year high volume
    and another top on 5 year high volume and another top on 6 high year volume and another top on 7 years high volume and another top on 8 year volume and another top on 9 year high volume.....
    are you getting sick of this?
    these are trading opportunities not market tops.

there are none so blind as those who will not see

9. Overnight

Overnight

In the western hemisphere, tomorrow is Saturday. So we will not see any movement. :)

DevBru and jys78 like this.
  10. jys78

jys78

TVIX will ALWAYS hit new lows. The only question is how long it will take to do so.

#10     Jan 24, 2020