Market tanked and Trump tanked on electionbettingodds

Discussion in 'Trading' started by blazespinnaker, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Not a coincidence, IMHO. Biden is no Clinton.

Maybe electionodds is broken tho. Still, I think realization is settling in that this is a lost cause for corp tax cuts

(fwiw, 45 made me rich but I pray for a national rejection of his "ends justify means" philosophy)

Could all be partially related to Covid, but excess deaths are trending down / flat so I don't see how. Maybe related to hospitalization numbers? Maybe.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see MSM covid doomerism to peter out post Nov 3rd.

2. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Are you asking about the downtown? It's most likely due to French and German stay at home orders and increasing cases in US

3. DevBru

DevBru

In Europe we are hearing the chances of Trump getting re-elected are extremely small.

What is the view on that in the USA? Asking since the news we get from our media isn't always that objective when it comes to Trump.

4. That is what you heard in 2016. Polls are biased and misleading, however, elections are seldom fair. Lots of cheating going on both sides.

5. userque

userque

You'll probably have to ask in the Politics Forum of this site, to get a more detailed answer.

6. smallfil

smallfil

President Donald Trump will be re-elected to another 4 year term. I do not discount the huge effort by Democrats to cheat on a massive scale especially, in the swing states. If cheating is minimized as a lot of eyes are now on the ballots, Trump wins. Polls are wrong because their sample is skewed to interviewing mostly, extreme liberals who support the Democrats. Just like 2016, although, it might even be better for Trump. Do you see the thousands attending his rallies while, Biden gets 10 or 30 people? In one rally in Arizona by Joe Biden, nobody showed up. If they cannot be bothered to show up in your rallies, why do you think they will bother to vote for you?

Ayn Rand likes this.
  7. Odds haven't shifted much at all since the first debate (where Trump fell quite a bit). No clue what this idiot is talking about. Market tanked on the Germany news.

In fact, Trump has actually moved up on the Bobulinski news and media cover up.

The odds sites are about the same as they were last year. But that doesn't mean much.

8. Anyone care to perform some TA on this chart?

Looks like a double top / lower high for Biden and a double bottom / higher low for Trump. ;)

upload_2020-10-29_8-53-12.png

athlonmank8 likes this.