Market outlook: why stocks will pullback, rally, and roll into a bear market in 2019

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Troy Bombardia, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Here's why the U.S. stock market will probably:

1. make a short term pullback at this 61.8% retracement resistance.
    2. Rally over the next few months into early-2019.
    3. A bear market will start in mid-2019

https://bullmarkets.co/market-outlook-pullback/

bullmarket79 and themickey like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Your studies are brilliant, hindsight looks at markets, with a multitude of charts taken from other sources. Thanks. But I found this a bit disconcerting...

------------------

Why you should trade index ETFs instead of individual stocks
    Trading the index (e.g. S&P 500) via ETFs (e.g. $SPY, $SSO, $UPRO) is much easier than trading individual stocks.

1. Traders who trade individual stocks have to care about what the broad stock market index is doing. What the index is doing has a massive impact on what an individual stock will do.
    2. Traders who trade the index don’t have to care about what individual stocks do. No single stock is big enough to have a significant impact on the broad index in the medium-long term.
    ------------------------

Go ahead and pull out some more charts from decades past. I am sure it will prove your point. But for the NQ these days? Nuh-uh. That index is weighted so heavily on FAANG that yes, Virginia Woolf, those individual stocks DO weigh on the broader index in the medium-long turn, because those huge stocks weight heavily on the price action of all the other companies in their wake.

Since you are advertising and promoting your own service here, at least have the decency to be honest about it.

"I’m Troy Bombardia, founder and head trader at Fundamental Capital, the investment strategy and research firm behind Bull Markets.

*I worked in my family’s hedge fund for almost 10 years (from 2008-2017). We increased our capital by 40x during those 10 years, which is an average annual return of 44%. We primarily traded gold and silver.*

By 2014, I noticed a very interesting pattern:

1. The average professional trader and hedge fund underperformed buy and hold for 10 years in a row. The random probability of someone underperforming 10 years in a row is 0.09% (0.5^10 = 0.0009). In other words, there is no way this should be happening if conventional trading strategies and “wisdom” actually worked!
    2. Investment research firms only highlighted their accurate market calls. But when you look at the number of times they were wrong, they’re no better than a 50-50 coin toss!
    3. Most research consisted of charts. Meanwhile, no better bothered to backtest exactly how useful those charts were for predicting tops and bottoms!

Buy-and-hold analyses works wonders when you start it at the beginning of a ten-year bull market, and keep on doing it for 10 years, doesn't it?

And it is also a great time to start making vague calls about an upcoming bear market in the medium-long term be correct, isn't it?

As to the bolded bit between the asterisks, I have a question. YOU worked in your private family fund for ten years. Got it. WE ("All members of the family") increased the capital by etc. WE ("All members of the family") primarily traded gold and silver... So what percentage of the increase did YOU contribute to the fund, and what did YOU primarily trade in that fund?

Wish I could make money doing what you do, in my private hedge fund...

*rubs chin thoughtfully*

3. Ldeyana

Ldeyana

You have provided the link that why the stock will pull back in 2019, that a good effort but will be much appreciated if you wrote it yourself and explain in details in your own wordings that will help the students and gradutes to understand more easily then to visit some professional website.