Market is very likely to go down in next few days

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Junkou, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Junkou

Junkou

Smallcap Russell 2000 dropped nearly 1.5% today. NASDAQ gave up all gains and closed down. Based on my AI prediction model, it's time to hedge or short the market, especially emerging markets. The prediction is 100% right so far this year.

2. maxinger

maxinger

Indeed Russell 2000 went down alot yesterday.
    overall Russell 2000 doesn't seem to be downtrend.

well. good thing about day traders is that we don't bother about what is going to happen next.
    we trade based on what we see on live charts.

3. But AI lags RI (real intelligence) :sneaky:

4. its time to short the market...
    [​IMG]

5. jasonc

jasonc

Unless very short term I dont know how you could short this....
    upload_2018-10-2_11-15-2.png

tomorton likes this.
  6. henry76

henry76

Your not a chess player , been decades since humans could beat computers

7. +1

8. ElCubano

ElCubano

Not if I turn it off.

9. southall

southall

I think a Human + Computer can still beat Computer alone in chess when there is no time limit.
    But eventually the human factor will become irrelevant and all chess games involving computer engines will end in draws as the computers get to almost perfect play.

Something like this may end up happening in the markets.
    The Algo's get so good and they make the markets very efficient that it becomes very hard to make decent money trading for the risk taken, for anyone even the people running the best algos against each other.
    Hopefully that is still a few decades away.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    FP22 likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Your posted chart is fatally flawed in one important area...TIME.

It goes back 5 years. In a 9-year bull market. Really? Pull it back 5 more years, and see where the chips fall. A lot of people will get wiped out if they follow your idea of it never falling for 50% again. If the market crashes 50% this time? It's going to mess up a LOT more people today than it did 10 and 30 years ago. As time goes on, the same percentage drops will equal greater and greater bleeds from accounts.

#10     Oct 2, 2018
    murray t turtle and BONECRUSHER like this.