Market Data Subscriptions to Cover Level II of US Stocks

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by ArthurC, Jun 13, 2017.

1. ArthurC

ArthurC

Dear All,

I am trying to find out which data packages I need to subscribe in order to cover all Level II of US stock.
    I was told to subscribe:

NASDAQ total view-open view

Is that enough?
    Are

NASDAQ BX TotalView(NP,L2)
    NYSE ArcaBook (NP, L2)

also necessary?

Thank you all!

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

The cost will differ by broker. Ask you Broker what they charge.

3. hhiusa

hhiusa

I am assuming your broker is IB. Even if not the case, you still need what is listed.
    You must subscribe to L1 as well as L2 to get L2

1. You are missing level 1 data:
    1a. NASDAQ (Network C/UTP)
    1b. NYSE (Network A/CTA)
    2. You are missing NYSE Open Book.

There is also the bulk option of subscribing to the US Equity and Options Add-On Streaming Bundle and then add L2 subscriptions.

Market data is must for me at least. If you are going to be trading instruments from NYSE Arca, NYSE Mkt, NYSE and NASDAQ, then the answer is yes.

4. java

java

I've been with ib over ten years. They made it so confusing I don't even know what I have. I called 3 times and got a different answer each time and quit calling when the guy told me my quotes were not real time. I told him, then I do very well with delayed quotes and always get good fills. He asked what package I have and when I told him he said they don't offer that anymore. I used to recommend them to everybody. I wouldn't let my own kids open an account there now.

greenmoose and comagnum like this.
  5. khotso

khotso

IHub's "Ultimate Trader" ($73/m), or, if you don't need access to the otcmarkets/otc-bb, then their "Big Cap Pro" ($47,3/m) . i think that is terrific app, and my only concern is that it cannot be integrated with actual trading platform (tws etc). but, if you subscribe L1 market data from your broker and use 3rd party like ihub level 2 data to analyze markets (depth).

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  6. ArthurC

ArthurC

Thank you all for the replies.
    Hi hhiusa, yes, I am using IB; you mean I should have the following items to see L2 data (for Market Depth Trader (Level II)), is that right:

1. NASDAQ (Network C/UTP)
    2. NYSE (Network A/CTA)
    3. NYSE Open Book
    4. NASDAQ total view-open view

Thank you.

7. hhiusa

hhiusa

Yes, that's correct.
    P.S. Since you say that you want to watch the entire market, I imagine you will probably be wanting to see more than 100 equities at a time. You should consider using their "Quote Booster" packs that give you 100 additional lines per pack.

[​IMG]

8. @hhiusa are you registered at IB as a Professional? The data subscription fees you show on your screen shot are substantially higher than what I, as a non-pro, have to pay. I also see some choices which do not appear in the overview which is presented to me when I visit that subscription page.

9. hhiusa

hhiusa

Yes, that's correct. Unfortunately, pro fees are much much higher. Just wait until you see the volume license fees.

I didn't register with them as a professional. They deemed me a professional according to some SEC rules, I think.

What choices are those?

10. This is how that same page presents itself to me:
    upload_2017-6-14_14-39-47.png

#10     Jun 14, 2017