market data for UNG is halted

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by hajimow, Jul 7, 2009.

1. hajimow

hajimow

why?

2. Klamath

Klamath

3. mike007

mike007

Does anyone know what this means for the price of UNG?

4. Klamath

Klamath

Based on where ng is right now, it looks like about 12.20 for UNG, of course that can change.

5. mike007

mike007

well i mean, they arnt going to do something really wild with the ETF, just halt if for a while then resume trading? Nothing like dropping to 5.00 or running to 20.00, I have a butterfly on this one so i guess i dont have to be to worried about it, just as long as its trading within 10days.

6. hajimow

hajimow

back to normal but down 20 cents

7. mike007

mike007

yep, its back now, i just closed out my butterfly, i dont want to play games with it. When it reopened for trading i was only down $10mill until the option prices adjusted

8. jazlives

jazlives

United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) To Temporarily Suspend the Issuance of Additional Creation Baskets

United States Natural Gas Fund, LP (NYSE: UNG) disclosed in an 8-K filing that it will temporarily suspend the issuance of additional Creation Baskets until the SEC declares effective the registration statement on Form S-3 (333-159772) which was initially filed on June 5, 2009 and registers an additional 1,000,000,000 units. This registration statement is currently subject to review and comment by the SEC, the Financial Regulatory Industry Association and the National Futures Association.

The suspension of the issuance of Creation Baskets has no effect on the ability of Authorized Purchasers to redeem baskets of units.

9. jazlives

jazlives

Wouldn't this trigger a short squeeze?
    Just wondering...

--------------------------
    United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) To Temporarily Suspend the Issuance of Additional Creation Baskets

* United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) To Temporarily Suspend the Issuance of Additional Creation Baskets

United States Natural Gas Fund, LP (NYSE: UNG) disclosed in an 8-K filing that it will temporarily suspend the issuance of additional Creation Baskets until the SEC declares effective the registration statement on Form S-3 (333-159772) which was initially filed on June 5, 2009 and registers an additional 1,000,000,000 units. This registration statement is currently subject to review and comment by the SEC, the Financial Regulatory Industry Association and the National Futures Association.

The suspension of the issuance of Creation Baskets has no effect on the ability of Authorized Purchasers to redeem baskets of units.

10. hajimow

hajimow

There is always a way to arbitrate

#10     Jul 7, 2009