Market activity after Nixon resignation and Clinton impeachment?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Cuddles, May 11, 2017.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

I never mentioned Trump. This is historical research. The narcissism and paranoia is getting contagious.

#11     May 12, 2017
    piezoe and johnnyrock like this.
  2. zdreg

zdreg

which index?

#12     May 12, 2017
  3. Max E.

Max E.

ES

#13     May 12, 2017
  4. bookish

bookish

He might LET them impeach him, but only so he can smack them around and make them look stupid when they loose the proceedings.

#14     May 12, 2017
  5. bookish

bookish

Do you have some reason to expect Trump to go bye bye?

To answer your question, no. But, its almost useless data. Trump is by far the most pro business president we have had in living history. You can expect an all out crash, years of rolling in the mud, and nuclear war if he leaves office, regardless of what happened with other presidents.

#15     May 12, 2017
    chartman likes this.
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

My old man worked at the exchange, maintained a detailed diary when I was a small child during the Nixon years.

Although I'm not talking about the specific resignation of Nixon or Clinton's impeachment...Gold wasn't doing too much during the Nixon years but soon after Nixon in the next 4 - 6 years (Presidents Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter)...

Gold went crazy with volatility and unbelievable up movement. It was the talk of the markets for many years after Nixon. The money my old man made in those years...it paid for my private school education in Chicago. In contrast, during Clinton years...Gold was on a steady decline but not with the same volatility it had going upwards soon after Nixon years.

A lot of people playing Gold soon after Nixon became rich. Many wealthy people became rich beyond imagination that even today...their families and children still living off that wealth gained from Gold.

Gold is one of those markets you can find historical charts and even find those types of charts overlapped with war, political events, interest rates policies and so on. Heck, I remember seeing a chart of Gold overlapped with the history of FED chairman's.

#16     May 12, 2017
    fan27 and Max E. like this.
  7. RRY16

RRY16

If you keep this up, ET might even build you your own wing in the ET Hall of Fame right next to you know who(H123)

#17     May 12, 2017
  8. speedo

speedo

Nixon ended the gold convertibility standard of US currency which sent gold flying.

#18     May 12, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Thanks.

I think you're talking about something sometimes referred to as the "Nixon Shock". I see some notes about it (3 sentences) in my old man's diary. I'll do some research about it this weekend because there's no further reference nor explanations about it.

#19     May 12, 2017
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

You are asking the original question because you would like to know what to do when Trump gets out of office early. I, unlike James Comey can understand "intent".

#20     May 12, 2017