Mark Karpeles:"I don't want this billion dollars. "

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

This is sweet, Mark is giving an AMA on Reddit:

Legally he is getting 160K Bitcoins, that belongs to him, after paying back all the costumers' claims. Well, he doesn't want it.

Any volunteers?

Onra and Slartibartfast like this.
  2. Xela

Xela

I've always said there's potential in doing business with dressmakers ... [​IMG]

SimpleMeLike and Slartibartfast like this.
  3. The emperor with no clothes in Washington could do with some smartening up. :)

destriero and Xela like this.
  4. destriero

destriero

Karp is right about one thing; he is at risk. There are literally hundreds of low-mid level drug and gunrunners who have come to the realization that killing him would result in 2018 valuation in lieu of 2014 valuation.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Best quotes:

"I lost just north of 200 coins there. "

"I lost an INSANE amount of BTC on Mt. Gox. I was so mad for the longest and it really wasn't justifiable. At the end of the day shit happens, we all knew the risk and greed prevails over all.

I hope you are able to forgive yourself for what happened. I hold no grudge and wish no ill upon you mate."

(who should play you in a movie?)"Jack Black. I really love the guy."

(in prison)"Lost 35kg in 4 months. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone."

"He knew MtGox didn't have the bitcoins, and he continued running that exchange for months and months and months, taking more users BTC, taking more fiat deposits, trying to use willy/markus to trade his way out of it, fucking fraudster scammer"

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  6. rougehero

rougehero

If you guys want a lesson form this, commit a massive scam to rob people of their money in Japan: get to keep the stolen money, get paid on the bankruptcy. Operate an "evil" dark web site in the US: get entrapped, get all your btc taken so the US can sell it to the guys who already have most of it, and get a life sentence. We wonder why their crime rate is so low.

7. JSOP

JSOP

Mark Karpeles:"I don't want this billion dollars. "

You can give it to me??!! :) Me, me me!!!

Peter10 likes this.
  8. JackRab

JackRab

Boohoo... attention seeker...

If he really doesn't want this, he should've stated he was going to donate ALL to a certain charity. But he didn't, did he? So... he gets a bit of attention, maybe some exposure to some new venture... and he keeps it all...

I would keep it all as well... not saying that's wrong... but saying he doesn't want it and not providing any alternative is just ethically BS

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

When you own money to 30K people, you get attention, even when you aren't seeking it. And coming to Reddit where he is universally hated takes balls.

Somebody obviously didn't read the AMA, otherwise you would know he plans to distribute the money among the costumers, even when he doesn't need to. It is good life insurance policy though, because he is dirty:

1. Running the Willy bot.
    2. Taking new costumers' funds long after the company was insolvent and lying about it.
    3. Criminal negligence.

But the costumers are greedy bastards too who wanted an unregulated free market and gazillion returns on an exchange that traded Magic cards earlier. And they want to be reimbursed for opportunity lost, when the law clearly reimburse just for the money lost at the time of bankruptcy.

Bitcoin somehow makes everyone dirty....

JackRab likes this.
  10. schweiz

schweiz

If he takes the coins everybody will know he is rich and he will be a target for criminals and even not criminals.
    He should pretend now that he will have nothing, to back off people. At the same time he will take the coins silently, hide them and have a good live without nobody hunting him for money he offically never had.

#10     Apr 5, 2018