Man versus Machine –TOP STEP TRADER vs. my algos

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by tprintl, Jan 5, 2017.

1. tprintl

tprintl

With all the discussion of the die out of human traders and machines rising I want to issue a challenge.

A friendly 2 week challenge. My Trading algos versus any TST trader or TST prospect or any other trader for that matter. I traded for years as a disc, with increasing algo help and then flipped over almost entirely (very dark Gray box) I think this exercise will help highlight the advantages and disadvantages of both

My specialty is FX but the TST trader can trade anything they wish. Rules would be similar to the combine but unlike the combine, traders can manage their own risk and leverage like most traders do, subject to allowable margin. I realize this is not the TST way but in the real world risk and reward cant be separated. To make dough you have to incur some risk.

Rules:
    -2 week period or longer
    -25k demo account with real world fills (no MIT) I will use Interactive Brokers with similar margin rules for FX as futures 50:1
    -P&L market at 430EST each day

I will make my Algo available via live 24/5 via join.me so traders can look in and see the live trading and will update and will post the updates mornings and afternoons. I will also make the auto trade into IB available.

see thread below for

Would also like the trader(s) to weigh in and comment if comfortable

If interested in participating weigh in and lets see what we learn

2. tprintl

tprintl

belwo is screen shot of the algo. PM me for log in info to view live. also, will post IB account data. reading algo chart.png ats-tst challenge.png

3. haroldg

haroldg

If no one takes you up on the trading challenge, you could propose a Diner Dash 2 challenge...

4. big mac

big mac

I'm thinking about it but want to see what this all involves? Good fun. Somebody might learn smthg. How do we set this up?

victorycountry likes this.
  5. tprintl

tprintl

if no takers then will sweeten like STS with 10$ trading account

6. tprintl

tprintl

its all good fun. it will highlight good and bad.. really only has to involve posting daily trade list from demo. why you did what you did.. it is pretty easy. just open a demo account for futures. I have one for CTS that i use for ALGO development since we use their platform.

7. big mac

big mac

The thing I worry about is this is "balls out". Everything revealed:D

I got a few "proprietary algos" that exist my brain only, that I don't necessarily want to reveal in a ..

afew are explicit, most are implicit. (i don't even know why i do)you likely know more about myself than I do after everything :D

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Not my cup of tea.... but lets see who here has the gnads to step up.

I suspect this thread will die if you let it.

9. I am sure Mr. Big Mac will be a serious contender to win this. He's too good !!

10. tprintl

tprintl

i agree 100%.. i am not showing code either.. my thinking is that maybe some back and forth when appropriate.. i.e why did you do this or that ? my logic process is pretty simple. my challenge is to deal with trades at 12-1230 AM when IB seems to shut down data.. you can comment how you wish. I will also comment on outlook for FX because i use trend based algos too.

#10     Jan 5, 2017