Man robs bank to get medical care in jail

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Are you saying the seniors have no right to be pissed about not getting a service they've paid all their adult working life for at an average around $64,971 per person?

I'm pretty sure Bernie Madoff is sitting in jail for running a similar scam.

#21     Jun 21, 2011
  2. Yet polls show they preferred their system over the US system

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/poll/2009/aug/14/nhs-health

[​IMG]

#22     Jun 21, 2011
  3. A Sr can spend much more then 65,000 on medical costs.Point is they love their government health care

#23     Jun 21, 2011
  4. This guy doesn't seem like your run of the mill freeloader to me. He had a decent job for many years. While I don't condone his "solution" to the problem, desperate people will do desperate and irrational things.
    The fact of the matter is, had the banking terrorists not swarmed through our economic system like a bunch of financial locusts, this guy would still be driving a truck for Coca-Cola. As it is, he's 59, in poor health with limited skill sets. In today's world that makes him virtually unemployable.

#24     Jun 21, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Cute, but yeah it's costing us tax payers plenty.

#25     Jun 21, 2011
  6. What this dude did is small potatoes compared to the uninsured who use E rooms for their free medical care and guess who pays for that most inefficient form of delivery of medical services.

I went to an E room recently (bad ass nose bleed) and I think I was the only one who had insurance out of the 9 or 10 people who got seen before me. I could hear what was going on at the admissions desk, and when they were asked if they had insurance they were all saying no.

Seneca

ps-this dude must have researched his crime as robbing banks usually gets you into something like Club Fed with much better health care than state run prisons.

#26     Jun 21, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Personally I think emergency rooms should be for...well...emergencies and NOTHING else. Being unwilling or unable (allowed) to refuse ER admissions for all else is just more of the pussification of the U.S.

#27     Jun 21, 2011
  8. That's because it's a service they've already paid for.

#28     Jun 21, 2011
  9. #29     Jun 21, 2011
  10. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-payer_health_care#cite_note-49

Public opinion in the United States

Since at least 1987, polls have shown the majority of the public favor a single-payer system when a New York Times/CBS Poll showed 78 percent of people are in favor of such a system.[50]

Between 2003 to 2009, 17 opinion polls showed a simple majority of the public supports a single-payer system in the United States.[16] These polls are from sources such as CNN,[51] AP-Yahoo,[52][53] Quinnipiac,[54] New York Times/CBS News Poll,[55][56][57] Washington Post/ABC News Poll,[58] Kaiser Family Foundation[59] and the Civil Society Institute.[6

[​IMG]

#30     Jun 21, 2011