Making a case for market top !

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Gary Lynn, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Gary Lynn

Gary Lynn

2. Gary Lynn

Gary Lynn

Not sure what happened to my 1st post but here goes again.

Making a case for market top we look at the Sp's, last Mondays island reversal pattern still holding into Friday.Island tops are typically blow-off patterns.
    Next week starts the 34th (fib) week of 2016, look back 34 (fib) weeks from next week, or 55, and 89 weeks as far as that goes at the volatility .

Baron likes this.
  3. trader99

trader99

It looks topish, but it's NOT the top. I think we still have a little more to go. Then who knows..

4. Bearish head and shoulders pattern forming....but it's never 100% reliable.
    Incredible as it seems, we could still go higher.

5. The numerous failed top calls keep taking this market higher and the VIX lower.
    Just shut the F*** up already with top calls so we can tank for once and get the VIX to appropriate levels, thanks.

6. SunTrader

SunTrader

TD Seq on weekly is at 12, on a daily only 9. So if this is on target another week or two probably. Cue the Tom DeMark bashers.
    Wkly TD Seq 12.png

7. I programmed all of TD's indicators. The problem with the TD Sequential is that it occurs so infrequently, it's tough to measure it's success rate since the sample size is so small.

8. I've never really explored the TD sequentials much, so I don't really have an informed opinion about them...I will say that the intermediate cycles in SP/ES (on a weekly basis) will frequently hit 11 before turning...How much overlap there is between DeMark's work and a reasonably consistent cycle length is open to interpretation I'd imagine.

9. two safe ways to play this market: either stay cash or trade short term

odds are if you're short, you're going to get hurt :)

10. SunTrader

SunTrader

SPX top.png TD Seq daily:

#10     Sep 9, 2016