lowest commision on ES please

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by londonkid, Jul 8, 2012.

1. londonkid

londonkid

Hi

I scalp US stocks looking for 0 to 3c's and would love to trade the ES doing the same looking for a couple of ticks here and there however I need a rock bottom commission.

I really need $1 all in per Round Turn, cheapest I have come across is around $1.90 all in and that is for exchange members. I really need it lower for my strategies as I like to buy at the bid and sell at the offer and I scratch A LOT.

I am sure there are prop firms out there who are getting this sort of rate, I am happy to pay away a 10-20% profit split no problem.

Can anyone get near this commission rate?

Thanks

London

2. > I am sure there are prop firms out there who are getting this sort
    > of rate,

Idiot? Drunk? Delusions of grandeur?

Seriously. Get real.

Exchange memebers is the loswest you will get from the exchange. You think anyone cares about your small volume compared to what some people do?

Your ONLY ways to lower comission are:

* Become an exchange member
    * Make enough volume fora broeker t ogive you a lower price.

But "I need 1 USD per round trip" is an idiot talking. This is below what you will get, any NOONE will ggive you a rebate for 10% to 20% profit share.

Let's start with: anyone doing so woult be a stupid idiot. Why give you a 20cent lower comission in return for 10% of your supposed profit when I can have a 20 cent higher comission 100% of the time? If it would be a good deal, noone would offer it.

Now, I hear some people pay 20cents per side for futures under HIGH volume. You say "a lot" - is that 10.000 round trips or more per month, stable? Otherwise - go home.

Then you have to pay whoever handles your deal (clearing network).

Then you have to pay exchange fees.

Make the math. Live with it or go home. Adjust or loose.

But seriously, you sound like someone who has no clue how futures work, sorry.

3. londonkid

londonkid

Ha Ha sounds like the market has beat you up pretty bad! lolol.

you don't know what volume I do. I said in my post that I trade US stocks not futures and I do volume, I probably do more volume in a month than you do in a year (that's if you actually trade).

Let's start with: anyone doing so woult be a stupid idiot. Why give you a 20cent lower comission in return for 10% of your supposed profit when I can have a 20 cent higher comission 100% of the time? If it would be a good deal, noone would offer it.

Wrong. If I have a track record of long term profitability a prop firm may well take a split over an increased commission. Just shows you dont know how prop firms work.

10,000 RT's in the ES a month - chump change. I have moved 20m of stock in a month in the past. lolol.

I know of firms in London where you can trade the Eurodollar for 1 euro RT and you pay then 25% split. you stick to your retail chump figures.

4. Well, then:
    * Become full exchange member
    * Call Crossling or another FCM and negotiate.
    Do NO:
    * Go around in a forum soundling like an idiot
    (which is what you do).

Help, help, I need to get new mercedes for 500 USD, I want to sell them for 600 USD but I make no profit if they cost more then 500 USD. Normally they kost more than 40.000 USD. Help, help.

Seriously, IF you are who you say you are, you would know to start asking a FCM.

5. londonkid

londonkid

geez you sound like a great guy lolol

I will NOT get the best deal by going to a FCM. I need a prop firm to cut me a split. You just dont know the maths because you dont move volume across the spread, that is plain to me from what you have written. lol

6. See, here you proove to be an idiot.

> I will NOT get the best deal by going to a FCM

You WILL go to an FCM. Futures are not stocks. ALL trades HAVE to run throuh the exchange (no dark pool) and all clearing HAS to be done through an FCM.

If yopur prop sop is not using an FCM, then - whoooa - you are not trading futures but part of a bucket shoip that may or may not post your trades.

> You just dont know the maths because you dont move volume
    > across the spread,

Again, Idiot at work.

;) Check how futures trading works. Beginner level. You can not do that technically. Therer is also no sup penny quoting in futures - a tick is a tick, everything goes through the same ticker plant. And everything goes through an FCM.

If a stupid idea ("I am sure there are prop firms out there who are getting this sort of rate") meets an empty head (look at mirror to see one) it fills it out completely as there is nothing else that occupies the space.

7. Everything net said is true, and you obviously know little of futures, which is surprising if you say you can do over 10k contracts a month. Why are you coming to a message board to find your answers? Surely you know some people. More volume will lower the commission rate, but you still have to deal with the exchange fees, so you either need to be a member or part of a group that has membership. If you really do that size, just buy a seat. You can buy the IOM CME seat which is mainly just for trading the ES. That way you don't have to give up any of the profit.

8. londonkid

londonkid

ha ha ha ha. now you are changing what you said in the original post. originally you said you can only go to a FCM or become an exchange member. I mention a prop firm and suddenly that becomes an option for you. lolol

Of course the prop firm has to go through someone to get their trades cleared but that is just stating the obvious.

There are prop firms in europe who trade the FDAX for 1 euro RT, do you honestly believe there are no prop firms in the US that are not trading the ES for $1 RT.

You sound like you have never traded for a prop firm. You sound like a retail punter who is a consistent loser, you probably clear through IB or velocity or someone similar. You up and down emotional state marks you out as consistent loser, consistent winners maintain the same emotional state. I could you be down $10,000 or up $10,000 and you wouldn't be able to tell. You would do well to work on your emotional state before losing any more money in the market.

9. londonkid

londonkid

I posted here because I though there would be some professional traders here, I only know stock traders/brokers hence my post. Obviously the prop firm would be part of the group that is a member, geez, this is tough going.

If you are scalping for 1 tick you are better off with lower commissions and paying a way a small split rather than prohibitive commissions and 100% split but then you wouldn't understand that as you clearly don't trade in that way (if you trade at all)

look if you trade 10,000 RT's per month and make 1500 ticks per month you will be gross +$18750 but at $2 commission you will be net -$1250, at $1 commission you will be net +$8750.

According to jerk first poster you are better having a 100% split of a loss rather than 80% split of a good net profit. And no $8750 is not a good month its just simple figures because OP clearly doesnt understand basic maths.

If I go and find a prop firm that will give me $1 to $1.50 RT's you guys are going to eat your words and these firms WILL be out there.

10. GTS

GTS

Not sure if you realize it but the notional value of 10,000 ES is far greater than 20m so calling 10k in ES chump change makes you look rather foolish.

#10     Jul 8, 2012