low latency quote vendor needed

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by emk662, Mar 19, 2019.

1. emk662

emk662

Please recommend a low latency quote vendor. I plan to use IB for execution only. My program trades US stocks and E-mini futures. Budget is preferably less than 300 USD a month.

Thanks.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Define low latency to you. And, they are different feeds.

3. emk662

emk662

the latency is less than 10 milliseconds from exchange to the program. I can host a VPS in New York or Chicago. Currently its ping to IB server is in 2-3 milliseconds.

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

For futures, you are going to need to be hosted at the CME data center and I doubt IB has a solution for that. TT FIX would do it. You just need a broker/FCM that offers that. Wedbush futures offers TT FIX. As for equities, you will also need to be hosted and subject to non-display fees. $300 won't cut it.

Ask IB is they have a hosted solution but I expect your budget will need to be a much bigger number. Not even close. Just hosting will be over $1000/server. I'll let the TT rep jump in.

6. emk662

emk662

I don't do HFT, just do some statistical arbitrage. Only around 10 trades per day. Currently, IB's quote feed is not fast enough and I get bad slippage. I guess getting a better feed can make the strategy work.

7. ZBZB

ZBZB

You used to be able to get 2u rackspace in the IB Connecticut data centre for $2,000 a month

8. Thanks Robert. @emk662 if you send me a direct message with your contact info I can have someone reach out and work with you.
    Best-
    Patrick

9. ZBZB

ZBZB

Do you want recommendations for futures or stocks?

10. emk662

emk662

for both as I do arbitrage between futures and baskets of stocks. Therefore, I need the e-mini and us stocks data.

#10     Mar 19, 2019