Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Very inclusive definition, leaves no room for discussion.

#51     Jan 29, 2012
  2. OK, I'll ask. What is ridiculous about thinking that hatred of a class of human beings is bad? I don't need to cite many historical references that show how biased hatred has caused major wars and other social ills.

c

#52     Jan 29, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

What's the word for describing someone who hates, say a redneck? Or how about hates a liberal or a Cleveland Browns fan or a rapist or the smell of shit or a pedophile or an obnoxious loud mouth or a...

Why is it that men who take it up the ass get their own special word?
    That's where I was coming from.

#53     Jan 29, 2012
  4. Or, did the Germans hate the Jews? Or do the Sunni's hate the Shiite's, on and on. How did or is all that working out?

Rapists? Which one's? The one's in prison who switch from women to men, just because they are total assholes themselves? Sorry, I guess I stooped to using childish words, but you get my drift. How is a hetero rapist any different than a hetero/homo/hetero prison inmate?

You're too smart to think that hatred is a good thing, right? I'm not talking about those who actually hurt others, but those who choose to live their life free of fear from those who hate. Sort of like the libertarians who want to live free of government intervention.

I know, no matter what I say won't change your opinion of gay people, but I wish more people would focus on serious matters that they have a chance of changing instead of how human beings think of one another.

c

#54     Jan 29, 2012
  5. Mr. Nutmeg, are you in the camp of hating gays? I have enjoyed your comedy, your sharp mind, over the years. I would guess you're not 'homophobic' in the recognized sense. Am I wrong here? You seem to be an equal opportunity humorist. In my experience, most enlightened people don't concern themselves with such bias.

Let me add, insightful trader as well. After reviewing many of your posts.

?

c

#55     Jan 29, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm not necessarily saying hate is good. Only that making up arbitrary words like homophobia isn't going to shame the haters into changing their feelings/opinions anymore than calling a dick sucker a homo, or whatever, is going to make them stop sucking dick. I'm just being pragmatic.

#56     Jan 29, 2012
  7. I can accept that portion. Thanks.

c

#57     Jan 29, 2012
  8. Thanks for the kind words.

Regarding the gays, life is tough enough without me adding grief to anyone's lifestyle. So to answer your question, I don't have a problem with gays.

I think in general we discuss gays from an adult perspective,adults have coping skills, teens really have a tough time. Parents kick the kids out,make their life miserable, those are the kids who really need help and guidance to get their life in order.

#58     Jan 29, 2012
  9. #59     Jan 29, 2012
  10. So true, as a parent, so true. Thank you.

c

#60     Jan 29, 2012