Looks like Joe the Pumber was the game changer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock_trad3r, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Read my bottom post. Taxing XOM on profits they make merely selling oil is not akin to the Alaska situation.

McCain blew it again. His retort should've been:

1. High corporate taxes result in higher prices for consumers

2. XOM sent 8 billion last year back into the economy via dividends

3. There's no Mr.Exxon. XOM's largest shareholder is CALlPERS!

#41     Oct 16, 2008
  2. Factcheck: Joe the tax cheat.

Here is the court docket:
    http://apps.co.lucas.oh.us/onlinedo...TDATE=01/01/1900&ENDDATE=01/01/2100&PARTY=D,1

FILING DATE: 1/26/2007 CASE TYPE: ACV ACTIVATION OF CASE
    MONETARY AMOUNT: $1,182.98

Plaintiff 1:
    DEPT OF TAXATION STATE OF OHIO

Alias(es)
    DEPT OF TAXATI. STATE OF .
    DEPT OF TAXATION STATE OF .
    DEPT OF TAXATION STATE OF OHIO
    STATE OF OHIO DEPT OF TAXATION

Defendant 1:
    WURZELBACHER SAMUEL J
    30 DERBYSHIRE RD
    TOLEDO, OH 43615

#42     Oct 16, 2008
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

3) You mean spot on in YOUR opinion.

By your explanation it sounds like less net revenue to the federal government.

#43     Oct 16, 2008
  4. NO, I mean in almost all ways; the rich have gotten richer via many schemes.

Net revenue to the govt will increase under Obama as the very wealthy will being paying more; but not the small biz guy making near 250K as the marginal rate goes up but is more than offset by the deduction for medical.

I don't know where the breakpoint is and it really does not matter because any tax plan goes through the sausage factory known as Congress.

Seneca

#44     Oct 16, 2008
  5. NO, I mean in almost all ways; the rich have gotten richer via many schemes.

I presume you have citations showing where Buffet is off base regarding his comment on taxes.

Net revenue to the govt will increase under Obama as the very wealthy will being paying more; but not the small biz guy making near 250K as the marginal rate goes up but is more than offset by the deduction for medical.

I don't know where the breakpoint is and it really does not matter because any tax plan goes through the sausage factory known as Congress.

Seneca

#45     Oct 16, 2008
  6. I wonder if most voters pay any attention to politics and the elections until the last week or two? Maybe a lot will wake up to the fact that Obama will be making Supreme Court appointments that will affect the rest of their lives. They might decide that they don't care about cradle to the grave security, they would rather have their guaranteed freedoms. Obama will put UN laws in place and take away the Bill of Rights in a heartbeat given a chance..

#46     Oct 16, 2008
  7. saxon

saxon

If you are worried about how Obama's tax plan would effect plumbers, ask yourself...

"How many plumbers do you know who are making a quarter of a million dollars a year?" - B. Obama

#47     Oct 17, 2008
  8. As has been said, a picture is worth a 1000 words:

[​IMG]

• joe.jpg
      File size:
      20 KB
      Views:
    #48     Oct 17, 2008
  9. I think this may have been what Joe was looking at or maybe it was that tax lien on his property or his lack of a license or his being booted off the voter rolls by one of the many Republican led purges.

[​IMG]

#49     Oct 17, 2008

10. net revenue from cap gains taxes increases will DROP, and BO even acknowledges this. He doesn't care because it would be "fair".

If that is not beyond stupid, I do not know what is.

BTW, it is pretty much accepted as fact that revenues drop when cap gains are raised. Last two rate rate changes proved this almost immediately, both a raise and a drop, depending on the rates. This is not Laffer Curve theory (that's income tax), this is easily observable fact. Both myself and others have posted articles, charts about this ad nauseum. Not really needed when Barak admits it though.

#50     Oct 17, 2008