Looking for FIX API brokerage for Equities

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by OceanZhang, Jun 30, 2017.

1. I need a good equities brokerage that uses FIX API and Initial funding requirement less than $1 million.

Currently using IB, but I get pacing violations when repeatedly requesting historical data for more than 20 stocks at a time within a 10-minute time frame.

I found tons of forex brokerages offering FIX, but no equities brokerages

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Ocean,

We offer FIX with Real Tick: https://emsportal.ezesoft.com/download.aspx?sidenav=rtapi

REALTICK API® OVERVIEW

RealTick is an open platform, providing infinite possibilities. Software developers can write custom trading, risk management and analytic applications using the RealTick API (Application Programming Interface). Our robust, easy-to-use Windows-based APIs provide programmers and trading businesses with the framework to access the information they need.

MULTI-PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE SUPPORT

• C++
    • C#.NET
    • FIX
    • RealTick Scripting
    • RealTick for Microsoft Excel™
    SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS AND LINUX OPERATING SYSTEMS

3. Robert, thanks for your reply. I'm not crazy about the NYSE non display fees that Lightspeed imposes. My integrations with TD ameritrade and IB do not impose such fees. I know you stated before it's out of your (Lightspeed's) hands, but the bottom line is I would like to avoid those fees if possible. Even if they're inevitable from another brokerage at some point, the fact is at this moment in time, it would be outrageously expensive to go with Lightspeed.

dumpdapump likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Realtick is not subject to those fees yet. They don't get MD from us. Also, you can use the Sterling software with API for order entry and get MD from another source.

We are not happy either.

5. Lee-

Lee-

A way of avoiding those feeds and using Lightspeed is to use a 3rd party data feed. Of course you can use a 3rd party data feed with IB as well. You'd also avoid those pacing violations and have access to more real time symbols than you're getting via IB. Just throwing that out there as an alternative approach -- your broker and data provider do not have to be the same entity.

6. Lee and Robert, which data provider would you guys recommend for equities for less than $300/mo? I know there are many inexpensive ones out there, but I don't mind paying a little more to get the best reliability. I don't need anything besides equities.

Robert, My programmer really wanted FIX. Can we integrate directly to the LS gateway without using Sterling? Or does Sterling support FIX?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

8. yjcho03

yjcho03

What would be a good market data vendor to hook up with sterling?

9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Sterling provides MD unless you use the API and shut off MD to the API. Then your server can use whatever you want. Call me later to discuss.