Looking for a programmer

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by irucken, Feb 11, 2008.

1. irucken

irucken

I have been developing an automated trading system in Borland Delphi for the last year and a bit.
    The programmer I have been working with is going to be less involved in the coming months.
    I am looking to find someone who has a strong background in Delphi & has worked on trading systems to continue with the work.
    There is approx 5k lines of code and I am not interested in starting over on another platform.

If anyone in this forum can recommend a good programmer, I would be most thankful.

2. I use to program everything in delphi as I found someone who had written a delphi plugin for interactive brokers. Which brokerage are you trying to develope an auto trading system for?

3. irucken

irucken

I am working with the API of Merrill Lynch & RBC Carlin.

4. For what it's worth, Neoticker can use Delphi scripts. You might check with them for programming consultant recommendation (www.tickquest.com).

5. weitau

weitau

post your project on elance.com

you'll be surprised how cheap it can be. programmers will be from all over the world.

6. irucken

irucken

That is actually a good suggestion JangoFolly ... that is how I came to work with the original programmer on my project :)
    I am also in preliminary talks with another who frequents their Forums.

Weitau, I did place ads on Elance.com, Guru.com, and Getafreelancer.com in the fall. It isn't easy to find someone with specific backgrounds in trading system development
    ...but another good suggestion.

If anyone knows of any programmers who frequent the forums of Elite Trader ... that is what really what I am looking for here.

tks

7. weitau

weitau

ah, sorry I could not be of more help. programmers who know real time trading are either paid big$, or they apply their skills to their own trading. I would also consider programmers from other fields like physics or real time signal processing. They know what to do with real time data stuctures. best of luck!

8. avarus

avarus

Ask the programmer if he has experience implementing real-time financial applications with in-memory databases and binary files. If he hasn't a clue, next.

9. avarus

avarus

I agree, any experience with real time signal processing will suffice. Look for c/c++ or java experience. Lots of MS "GUI" developers out there who haven't a clue.