Looking for a broker with best API

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by trader2056, May 24, 2017.

1. Hello,

I look for a broker that offer API connectivity and live-feed from all major exchanges.

Not interested in Interactive Brokers and cant afford Bloomberg.

Regards

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Why don't you send me an email so we can set up a call to go over your needs. We offer US Listed Equities, options and futures. Not sure what your expectations are for ALL?

Bob

3. With all I mean, all major exchanges in Europe, USA and Asia

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

If you don't want IB, you will need a big bank, and a big account, like GS, UBS etc. Is your account $25mm+

5. I am just another trader and not interested in selling you anything. The only retail broker I am aware with access to ALL exchanges and strong API is IB.

6. ok, how do the big banks get it? From a vendor or directly from the exchanges? I mean, I guess the bank will have to have a membership on each exchange then..

7. obviously big banks would have memberships at major exchanges

8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

They have to offer an API that routes to their OMS, that has access to routing to global markets. Then, they have the ability to custody and clear those securities. We spoke to Barclay's recently. Minimum account size $100mm.

9. ok I see. How about a bloomberg terminal? Can you connect to it using API and access the global markets?

10. or Reuters Terminal

#10     May 24, 2017