Look at the flying car Airbus is developing in San Jose

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, May 22, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Look at the flying car Airbus is developing in San Jose
    Airbus engineers working at a lab in San Jose say they've designed a flying car that they'd like to begin testing by the end of the year. The company's A3 (pronounced "A cubed") division this week published a concept video of a single-seater, eight-rotor aircraft called Vahana. The craft is all-electric and self-flying, outfitted with cameras, radar and LiDAR sensors, designed to maneuver around birds, airplanes and other drones. (Silicon Valley Business Journal)

JefeTrader likes this.
  2. java

java

How about just replace cars with flying drones? Punch in location and destination, walk outside and get in your waiting drone. Or just send a drone to the store for you to pick up some bread and milk.

3. SteveM

SteveM

Anyone else not excited about a future where our sky is cluttered with loud flying drones?

4. java

java

They will drive us all down underground.

5. Overnight

Overnight

Folks have been trying to produce a viable flying car for nearly 100 years. Very little progress has been made beyond the basic proto-type stage.

The flying car is just the transportation version of "vaporware". Do not expect to be able to buy one and be able to legally use it for anything other than fanciful super-short-range transportation for another hundred years. Maybe your grandkids that are just NOW being born will be able to take a test-drive in one when they are past retirement age...But don't bank on it.

6. Jeez, AI, flying cars... Where are we heading?!

7. d08

d08

Things aren't done until one day they are. Making viable electric cars was also a dream for many but only took off in the last decade or so. People failing 5 decades ago means nothing, technology was very primitive back then compared to what we have now (advanced electronics).

Macca1, FCXoptions and Overnight like this.
  8. java

java

When you qualify it with driverless or computer controlled flying cars it starts making sense.

9. Overnight

Overnight

Yes D08, I understand all that. I am just feeling bitter because I realize that I won't be able to own and drive a flying car in my lifetime. We were promised the Jetsons...Well, where is it with the flying car?!? Ugggg!

10. Cuddles

Cuddles

electric huh? that's cute

#10     May 22, 2017