Longer term trades-financials

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by JRworldwide, Jan 4, 2008.

1. I agree...looking for $50-$60 that far out.
    Global powerhouse.

#11     Jan 4, 2008
  2. Or UYG. Same diversification, but higher volatility for larger potential gains.

#12     Jan 5, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

UYG is going to a huge winner when the financials do turn around, I see that gaining over 200% when things finally settle down and the financials begin to show that these credit problems are behind them, but I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon, at least 2-3 yrs away in my opinion, Im looking to get UYG under $30 a share for the LONG TERM.

#13     Jan 5, 2008
  4. do not get suckered into buying financials;its that simple.

#14     Jan 5, 2008
  5. suckered in?

Elaborate plz...

We are talking Value plays for the longerterm not a swingtrade

#15     Jan 5, 2008
  6. Amen.

And if you insist in buying financials, GS in the only wise choice.

Forget about those troubled by subprime. We are nowhere near a subprime bottom yet.

#16     Jan 5, 2008
  7. You seem to beat the pack! People are talking about recession, depression, sky is falling, triple bottoms, bear market all over this message board these days and you are planting different type of seeds?

WOW! I am impressed by your optimism on these matters. Thank you very much.

#17     Jan 6, 2008
  8. I was thinking the same thing. I don't watch the financials at all, but I'm starting to get interested too, and put some up on my watch list. I still want to see more deterioration in the Dow though.

#18     Jan 6, 2008
  9. Citigroup looks like it could be damaged though, what are you thoughts on C?

#19     Jan 6, 2008
  10. Value play my ass. Sucking innocent victims into your vortex of greed. Since when these companies are trouble free and on sale?

They are cheap for a very good reason- they are damaged goods.

#20     Jan 6, 2008