London independent traders, why not relocate?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by blueraincap, Jun 15, 2021.

1. For those independent traders in London, I wonder why do you live in London?
    I mean, it is not like you are in London for the career opportunities or need to network with people. It is not likely you are in the 20s or early 30s, longing for social interactions. Unless you are trying to build it into a firm, why not relocate to a more liveable smaller city such as Bristol?

2. Tavurth

Tavurth

In my experience it's remarkably hard to get people to uproot their lives with the promise of only something more livable.

I could ask the same question to those living in Bristol, having left the UK almost 11 years ago for greener pastures, of which there are many.

cesfx and wrbtrader like this.
  3. such as?

4. Tavurth

Tavurth

Here's a few I enjoy in no particular order:

- Belgium
    - Morocco
    - Switzerland
    - Turkey
    - Georgia (country)
    - South of France
    - North of Norway
    - Basque country (Spain)
    - Berlin / Paris
    - North of Thailand
    - North of Vietnam
    - Budapest

Maybe I just never enjoyed Britain that much, but for me the list is almost endless. Don't get me wrong Bristol is great, but you won't find me moving back.

5. The only names I can agree are Switzerland and South of France. Also, I mean within Britain rather than anywhere in the world, can be for family and school reasons.

6. themickey

themickey

China? :(

vanzandt and comagnum like this.
  7. Tavurth

Tavurth

Sa Pa

8. Tax is higher in a lot of those places.

GAT

taojaxx likes this.
  9. Tavurth

Tavurth

Yep, depends if you incorporate or pay the CGT locally.

If you mean VAT, well prices are commonly around 3-4x cheaper than the UK after tax, for many of the countries on that list.

You give some you get some.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  10. Norway is a lot more expensive and tax much higher. France slightly cheaper but not Paris

Both much nicer places to live than the Uk of course.

GAT

#10     Jun 15, 2021
    dealmaker likes this.