Lockheed moves F-16 Production Lines from Texas to India

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by FireWalker, Jun 19, 2017.

1. ironchef

ironchef

Cuddles, comagnum and FireWalker like this.
  2. Managing by following the leader:

Let's offshore State Department to Queen Elizabeth's wanna-be's in London.

2weels, Cuddles and comagnum like this.
  3. Apparently, Mossad is the best intel. We can move CIA headquarters over to Israel. Syria has some cheap land.

Cuddles and comagnum like this.
  4. That's looks like a topping formation to me. I'd say short tomorrow's open, with a stop above today's high. LMT has some structural organizational issues.

upload_2017-6-19_17-16-45.png

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Was someone new confirmed to oversee the arms control department?

Also, mandatory: are we winning yet? But, but, mah "keeping jobs in 'merica"

6. toc

toc

LMT is not foolish. F-16s are generation old planes i.e. much less in demand today. F-16's latest model Block 70 costs $105M a piece which is equivalent to 4++ generation Rafales and Eurofighters which try to compete with F-35s.

Moving F-16s to India will be more for spare parts and repair hub type scenarios. In addition LMT hopes to bag orders from India itself to replace aging Mig-21s in its fleet. This move is mainly to prolong the lifespan of F-16s line by bringing the costs down and keep it competitive.

tradethetrade likes this.
  7. ironchef

ironchef

And teaches India how to manufacture fighter jets.

FireWalker likes this.
  8. While we forget how.

9. toc

toc

India already has a fighter jet Tejas which is equivalent F-16 C/D 40/50 block versions.

But no doubt, there will some technology leak as a result of moving production to India. Still better than Chinese hacking/stealing technologies via various other means.

#10     Jun 20, 2017