Loan Application - Why you must trade this market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kmiklas, Mar 21, 2020.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

I made an appointment with my bank loan officer for some working capital. He said that how one traded in the 2008 mortgage crisis is a good indicator of how good one is at managing money.

Opinion: Trade this market. Earn your stripes. This is the kind of market where fortunes are made, and you can prove yourself. Now is the time to show what you can do. Smart trading now will serve you for years to come. Girder up your loins, and FIGHT.

I'm hearing newscasters say "Get into cash." F that. Now is the time to hone your skills. You are David, and this market is Goliath. Whatever your trading style, get in there and trade.

:strong::fistbump::finger:

2. southall

southall

You should warn people to only borrow money if they can afford to lose most of it and still make the repayments for years after.

If they can easily risk that, yeah then go ahead and borrow.

But there is recession looming and you might lose your job and your own risk capital and then the banks money on top and so be faced with extra debt repayments while out of work. Thats not a nice place to be.

trader99 and smallfil like this.
  3. qlai

qlai

With what collateral? My understanding that you cannot use HELOC money to play the markets, but not sure what would the consequences be.

4. SunTrader

SunTrader

The markets love confident fools.

trader99 and FriskyCat like this.
  5. gaussian

gaussian

You're not goldman. Daddy Trump won't bail you out when your trades go wrong and you don't have insider information.

Trading on a personal loan is positively retarded. Find someone to stake you with your cash at first loss. At least then you get leverage and only lose what you have.

FriskyCat likes this.
  6. kmiklas

kmiklas

7. southall

southall

8. qlai

qlai

For most people yes, but for the argument's sake, let's say one has a steady income that can easily cover the monthly payments. You can create a portfolio of dividend stocks that will exceed or come close to the rate you are paying, can't you? It's safe to assume that stocks will bounce prior to interest rates going up significantly. I don't think I would actually do it, but during 2008 crisis I had Prime MINUS one HELOC! I actually called the bank and asked what will happen if Prime goes to zero :)

9. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

I don't know what kind of guy can make a billion out of this market.
    Ah .... yes ... half billionaires.

You better had some long OTM put option before the collapse.

10. kmiklas

kmiklas

...and they hate winners.

#10     Mar 21, 2020