Lived a charmed life

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JackMorgan, Jul 6, 2022.

1. I didnt realize what a freak show this whole griner thing was. I pay no attention to sports but this circus has been going on for over a decade.

jesus h christ .

2. if thats a woman , then Im shirley fukking temple

3. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

On ignore, this idiot is too much now. The unfortunate woman is 6'9" probably due to a pituitary problem but she is being imprisoned as a political pawn due to Putin attacking Ukraine. "Jack" is nothing more than a traitor to his country.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You're actually talking about Russia that's well known to detain (arrest) people within weeks (before or after) of a war / invasion as political pawns.

Regardless of her professional basketball background and history of personal problems...she's still an American from a military family just like all other Americans that have been detained (arrested) by Russia in the past...a few are still in jail after several years regardless of their personal background and the reason for their arrest (e.g. espionage).

In my opinion, this whole situation could have been avoided because of the U.S. state department's failure to warn the WNBA and other sports about traveling through or to Russia for competition when the U.S. state department was aware of a pending invasion by Russia into Ukraine.
    • Yet, they did warn the U.S. military to notify all servicemen/women about traveling as a civilian through/into Russia especially those with spouses/family living abroad in Russia.
    For what it's worth, there have been other more well-known individuals that traveled through / to Russia during the week of Griner doing it...they were not detained/arrested because it would have caused more of an international outcry.

I think after this situation, many professional American athletes that play in the Russian leagues (e.g. pro soccer players) in the off-season for extra income will think twice about traveling to Russia.
    • In fact, if the WNBA paid the players a better salary (avg. salary about 130k)...most of them will less likely have the need to play basketball in their off season in questionable countries.
    I remember several years ago, Diana Taurasi (WNBA star) played in the same league and she left because she cited personal reasons due to the constant surveillance of Americans.

wrbtrader

5. I get the Russian thing.
    That's the least freaky thing about it

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Detaining/arresting American civilians, especially those with a U.S. military connection, or blowing up Ukrainian civilians is the least freaky thing to you...

You have some personal issues and a twisted misunderstanding of the bigger picture about Russia...their agenda.

wrbtrader

7. depends what you call freaky, now dont it

8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Professional athletes and civilians with military connections need more awareness and better supervision when traveling through/from Russia...
    • It's been a long-going problem for a few decades.
    Then again, most of us Americans aren't too bright considering last year the TSA in the United States confiscated about +5,000 guns from Americans traveling through the airport to their travel destination. :banghead:

The Pandemic has seemed to have made people more stupid or ignorant while traveling...social media is no different.

-------

In 2021, the Transportation Security Administration caught 5,972 firearms at airport checkpoints, the most ever. That’s an increase of more than one-third over the 4,432 guns found in 2019, the next highest year and just before the coronavirus ravaged the world. The number of firearms found has soared by more than six times since 2008.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/18/tsa-gun-seizures-airport-security/

wrbtrader

9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

If you're commenting about her HEIGHT...

It would then imply you've rarely been around tall women athletes. In contrast, I have because my mom and ex-spouse (west point alumni/rower) are very tall. Further, my daughter is very tall and a volleyball player...hoping to play for Notre Dame one day in volleyball as one of her uncles did and a cousin did.

Some of my favorite women's sports have tall women (e.g. basketball, volleyball, rowing, fencing, and high jump).
    • Most men feel inferior or somewhat intimidated when they're interacting with a tall woman in comparison to interacting with a tall man.
    I'm tall myself (ex-rower) but have never viewed a tall woman as "freakish".

It's difficult to tell height from a video...4 players on West Point's volleyball team playing on the court are over 6 feet. I think Notre Dame had 5 players on the floor over 6 feet tall with a total of about 8 players on their team over 6 feet...one of them a relative of mine.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  10. yeah , her height, thats the ticket

#10     Jul 6, 2022