List of OTC tickers that have options

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by earth_imperator, May 8, 2023.

1. As everybody knows, recently BBBY went into bankruptcy and was moved to the OTC exchange under the new ticker BBBYQ
    Its options obviously continue trading as well : https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BBBYQ/options?p=BBBYQ

I'm now looking for a list of such OTC tickers that have options.
    Where to find such a list?

2. smallfil

smallfil

You can use the Finviz.com screener and specify that the stock you are looking for has options. Also, you can screen for micro caps, small caps, etc if you want to focus on capitalization of the stocks.

3. Last edited: May 8, 2023
  4. Folks, we are talking of OTC stocks (ie. "Over-The-Counter"), with options. These are non-regular stocks.

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  5. The OCC, which otherwise is good, seems not to cover any OTC tickers :-(
    When searching for BBBYQ it says "No data was found for your request. Please check your criteria and try again."

6. I don't see any link there for such ticker lists. Can you post the link?

7. The CBOE list does not cover the said BBBYQ, so useless in this case.

Correct me, but I think the above links you gave are useless for this special case.
    I need to download a list of OTC tickers that have also options. Which of the above links offers this? I need a list, not a symbol lookup for a single ticker.

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  8. FSU

FSU

When BBBY moved to OTC, its options became closing only for retail traders. You can't open new positions. MM's can open new positions to facilitate retail traders. This is typical for stock options after the stock has been delisted and moved to the OTC.

MoreLeverage, earth_imperator and rb7 like this.
  9. Ok, thank you for this important information.
    Do you happen to know whether this is the case for all OTC tickers with options?
    Ie. are there also OTC tickers with options that can be traded by everyone?

10. smallfil

smallfil

There is no such list. What you do is specify it in your parameters that the stock has options. Use the description tab. It is a screener. You can also, enter the ticker symbol in the box in the screen which has all the news on the stock. I would imagine it would have the information that it has options.

#10     May 8, 2023