list of likes given

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sprout, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Sprout

Sprout

Unless there is another way of doing this, how easy would it be to implement a list in a member's profile that is the list of likes given? Initially it looks to be a quick and easy way to bookmark other's posts for one's own reference later.

2. Kinda like stalking...no?

3. Sprout

Sprout

Never thought of it that way. I suppose if it was unwanted attention.

Everyone could use a thumbs up from time to time.

ElectricSavant likes this.
  4. nah its not stalking...stalking would be if you could tag a persons handle. Actually, what you suggest would be a helpful tool...I see your point.

Maybe ET has a way to follow someone...but I would never use it as I get sick of posters here eventually, even myself.

ES

P. S. Well every once in a while a real good trader shows up here...then they leave.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  5. Sprout

Sprout

It would be part of a member's private profile.

I suppose it could be useful to see the likes given by someone whom one follows.

6. This is getting deep now...we could googlize ET..:wtf:

7. Lee-

Lee-

There is a way to follow specific users, but if your goal is to effectively bookmark a thread, you can click the "Follow This Thread" button in the bottom right of a thread. You can then see threads you've followed here: https://www.elitetrader.com/et/watched/threads

I do agree that being able to see likes that you've given would be nice, but I believe the describe function satisfies your goal of effectively bookmarking threads.

EDIT: Maybe I've misread. Do you want to see threads that OTHER users have followed/liked or just your own?

8. Sprout

Sprout

Google is not working as one would expect. In the short time that I've been here, the search results that used to show on google have fallen off. Threads that used to show, because of the age of the links no longer show. Now one has to include dates to access buried threads through google.

9. Sprout

Sprout

Yes bookmarking threads are useful. I was referring to my own that I've given. Sometimes though, there is just a single or couple of posts that are applicable in a thread as one is doing research on a particular topic. In this case using 'like' is like a bookmark for an single post.

Some threads are huge and take a bit of effort to digest.