lightspeed VS interactive broker execution

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stockboy201, May 16, 2009.

1. does any one have experience with both lightspeed and interactive broker? Is there a difference in execution speed if any? And which one do you prefer over the other? Thanks in advance

2. Dioda

Dioda

Interactive brokers has a delay now on execution

When you specify LAST or DEFAULT as your execution (and most people do)

your execution will lag because IB puts your order through 3 filters

causing slippage

IB was hoping people won't find this out

Its a shame really, if IB doesn't change back I am leaving in 1 month

IB will learn the hard way, that clients are NOT guaranteed

3. Eight

Eight

I preferred IB up to this point because of their API but I switched to screen trading a few weeks back. Now I just use some Hotkeys and I suppose any platform has those... this "last with a filter" thingy as default is stupid. If they had a collective brain there they would have added that as a choice for those that can get something out of it.. and I don't really see who that would be...

Their assumption so far seems to be that it's a problem that can't happen but were that the case, then whatever they were trying to fix also could not happen

:D

4. While IB quiver in their boots they probably think "what a wanker???"

5. moarla

moarla

you think that teh execution will lag because a computer has to check first 3 filters????

this will happen in nanoseconds... you cant compare a PC with your slow brain....

so you can sayy, because there are 3 filters you may not have the execution, but NOT what you said. Its simple false

6. Dioda

Dioda

Here if PROOF you are wrong

[​IMG]

7. moarla

moarla

that has to do with the formula of the order (3 filters).
    But it will not lag because it has to pass 3 filters. The computer work for checking the conditions will not delay the order execution.

And : even the price is at the price where you have the stop or limit order, you have no guarantie that the order will be executed at the exchange...sometimes you are at the end of the file waiting for ex... it happens for guys using those type of orders :))
    Me only market orders :)))) (on futures)

8. Dioda

Dioda

LISTEN YOU AND LISTEN WELL

if I put a STOP ORDER at price 50 lets say

WHEN THE PRICE TRADED AT 50 BUT BID AND ASK DIDN'T catch up

MY ORDER WITH IB DID NOT EXECUTE

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH

I don't care that you don't use stops, I use stops

millions of people use stops

9. Dioda

Dioda

With IB when BID and ASK catch up, my slippage is greater

10. Screen trading? How to you define that?

#10     May 17, 2009