Lightspeed API

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by quantprof, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Just got off the phone with Lightspeed customer service. I was told that using the API would require a $3000/month data subscription! That seems crazy. Can anyone tell me if this information is correct or not? Thanks.

2. rb7

rb7

Who's in better position than them to answer that question?

If a guy here says 'no' but Lightspeed are still saying yes, who would you believe?

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Do you have a current account? Why don’t you email me your contact information and i’ll Give you a call in about an hour. Email below.

No, that is not accurate.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

We offer 4 trading platforms with APIs. On the two owned by Sterling Trader Tech (STT), Lightspeed Trader and Sterling Trader Pro, we turn off MD to the API to avoid non-display fees which are more than $3k/month. Realtick and Silexx are not subject to non-display fees yet.

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

That would be me. :rolleyes:

6. where/how does that non-display fee thing fit in IB?

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

The exchanges are fighting with each vendor of MD to report open APIs and some are better at fighting it. I was told that IB says their MD is not real-time to the API as they not only normalize it which all platforms do but also manipulate the data to slow it down. STT was made to be compliant and so are all providers of hosted co-located servers.

The same issue has started on the Futures side. CQG has to provide you an API questionnaire before providing MD prices, as the CME has non-display fees too, but not all providers are made to be a complaint.
    https://www.cqg.com/products/cqg-apis/cqg-api-questionnaire
    https://www.cmegroup.com/market-dat...-data/distributor/files/Schedule5_CMEMDLA.pdf

upload_2019-7-10_4-42-35.png

8. rb7

rb7

It means that your customer service needs a little refresh...or there was a misunderstanding somewhere...

9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

If he spoke to the service desk, their training is to support active accounts that require help, not sell and price out our services.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  10. Then why do you (lightspeed) bother to be on the compliant side

#10     Jul 10, 2019