Level 2 for Options Platforms

Discussion in 'Options' started by Chris Paciello, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Does anyone know any platforms that have Level 2 for Options? I currently use Options House and I love it but I wish there was Level 2 to trade from.

I seen Fidelity Active Pro has it but their fees are $7.95 + .75 for options that's a lot more than I'm paying currently with Options House.

Does anyone know any other platforms that has Level 2 access with a better rate?

2. tonynyc

tonynyc

What's with the Chris Paciello handle?
    TOS offers free level 2.

3. TradeCat

TradeCat

All the major discount internet brokers offer level II quotes.

4. Not for the ultra low discount Option Brokers because they cost over $200+ for exchange and depth fees. So the answer to your question is No, unless your willing to part with money for the luxury of OPRA LL2 Fees.

5. tonynyc

tonynyc

TOS free L2 quotes

Clipboard01.png

6. sle

sle

Unless you are a market maker, what exactly do you need these for? Given that most of the price movement is due to delta, all you really get is quick-turnover layers of HFMM orders.

7. For people who trade the Weeklies actively I do not know how you can trade effectively without seeing the Stock and Option Depth by having both Montages up. Someone was asking about Level 3 which is used by Market Makers to change their Markets in the past but with HFTS those days are gone. I wish you good luck and wealth, with Etrade buying Option House are you going to stay around to see if they change your commission rate to $7.95+$.75 per contract versus your $8+$.15 or $1.00 per ticket depending on which agreement you have.

For Swing Traders I agree there is not much of a need for OPRA Level 2 paying all that extra commission and contract fees.