Let’s be honest, if health-care passes Obama is a two term President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walter4, Dec 13, 2009.

1. There is an old saying which my father taught me from an early age, that goes something like this,

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

Think about this line for a second and then tell me just how "committed" Obama is.

#11     Dec 14, 2009
  2. dsq

dsq

he isnt doing what dems wanted in afgha and the health reform looks like it was written by and for the insurance companies...very disappointing.The gop manages to get everything they want but the dems cant save themselves from themselves.Really pathetic and stunning.
    Why is it so important that reform not affect the deficit?They never asked that question for this 10yr war.

#12     Dec 14, 2009
  3. Illum

Illum

I dunno, his ratings are way low. But there is no one for the Republicans that anyone likes either. Anyway, I can't see heath care being the way to another term, his ratings are sinking and it is in the news daily.

#13     Dec 14, 2009
  4. jksn922

jksn922

If this health care bills passes, it will only bring the anointed one's popularity ratings down further, since the majority of America DOES NOT want this. But try explaining that to a bunch of ignorant, douche bag Democrats, who prospects of being thrown out on their asses in 2010 become that much greater if they pass this. LOL

#14     Dec 15, 2009
  5. jem

jem

At the moment the republicans are worthless. I do not what the hell Romney is doing but he better come up with a game plan fast.

he should pick an issue or two - like budget control and start pounding it now.

If he gets on the record early - he can say Obama polices have a few potential outcomes.

Rocketing interest rates, weaker dollar, big inflation.... or delayed destruction.

In two years he say = I told you so boom big win. Or - if we don't stop now it will be worse that Glen Becks nightmares.

Boom probable win.

Only downside -- goldilocks economic expansion and some new technology which drives down deficits while spending increases and taxes don't go up.

The door is wide open for a Republican with a credible message. Where the hell are they?

Obama has the potential to fight a challenge like this off - but I do not think he has the political capital or the desire for the outcome to do it.

#15     Dec 15, 2009
  6. Yeah, see - this is what I don't understand in the argument that things will be better for Obama if health care passes. How do things get better for someone when more than half the country doesn't want what they pass?

#16     Dec 15, 2009
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Well, the right has been asserting that the public are idiots for voting him in, so maybe the public's idiocy is simply continuing.

#17     Dec 15, 2009
  8. Ricter

Ricter

A good question. Without a strong opposition party, either party will get soft, eventually, leading to imbalance. So I'd like to see that credible message myself, even if I may disagree with it.

I think the republicans are currently believed to represent the rich (granted, both parties may, but perception is what it is), and America broadly speaking doesn't want to hear from the rich right now. Not to mention the association with birthers and the misdirected ire of the teabaggers, over whose blather you can't hear anyone credible on the right.

#18     Dec 15, 2009
  9. I voted for him, but don't consider myself an idiot. Others might, I suppose. I consider myself bamboozled. But it's a mistake I will rectify in the 2010 elections, and in the 2012 Presidential election.

#19     Dec 15, 2009
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Thank you, I'll point out your reply the next time this argument is used:

I don't like president Obama.
    The public voted Obama into the presidency.
    Therefore the public are idiots.

#20     Dec 15, 2009