"Let me be clear" Obama's jobs speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nutmeg, Sep 4, 2011.

1. We all know Obama as well as anyone else. Anyone have any thoughts on what he might or might not say?

I'm hoping not to hear the word "Sputnik".

I'm leaning towards words like "Christmas" and "Germany" in his speech.

Christmas is around the corner, as far as Germany, I only picked this because as far as I can recall he hasn't blamed the Germans for anything since he took office. They are fair game and "refreshing" change from blaming "Bush".

2. pspr

pspr

Words you will hear from Obama.
    In order of frequency:

I
    focus
    more
    investment
    tax
    rich
    jobs
    GOP
    Bush's
    fault
    bad
    luck
    inherited
    call
    Congress
    make
    donation
    to
    me

3. this biggest problem with a jobs speech is that it doesn't produce any jobs.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh I don't know. How about a career in teleprompter repair and programming?

5. Obama has the same problem the republicans do. They really, really don't have a f'n clue as to what to do about jobs. The Prez will try the old throw money at it will fix'er right up. Been there, done that, won't work. Repubs will offer up the old tax cut scheme. Been there, done that, worked for awhile till the big boyz decided just to keep all the money for themselves.
    The jobs are gone boys and girls, and they ain't coming back.

6. Get the fck out of the way. (see: stop regulating the shit out of everything)

7. As far as I can tell the most recent jobs "created or saved" has been to give the banks money. Now that this has been fully implemented, it's time to sue the banks and get some of the money flowing the other way.

8. Indeed. It's really, really simple.

But that means less control.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

BINGO!

10. Completely irrelevant at this point. Kind of like low interest rates. No job, no money...you ain't buying shit regardless of interest rates.
    No demand for products and services...there's nothing to regulate.
    Sorry the truth is hurting you guys, but it is what it is. The decision was made years ago to dismantle the U.S. and rebuild overseas. No way to stop it now.

#10     Sep 4, 2011