Las Vegas Golden Knights

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tiddlywinks, May 20, 2018.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

[mic drop]

[​IMG]

• I have been following them.
    • I hope they win the cup.

2. piezoe

piezoe

Barring unforeseen injuries to key players it should go seven games. The Las Vegas team is extremely well coached, you can see it in the way they play at both ends of the ice: fierce forechecking with follow up, and very sound positional play in their own end. They nearly always get the inside position in front of they're own net when defending. They have very sound goaltending. However the same things can be said of the Washington Capitols, and considering the number of players the Capitols have at the peak of their careers and their strong team leadership I have to give a slight edge to the Capitols. They should win in seven close games.

A common weakness on the power play one sees far too often in the NHL is after the short handed team ices the puck the advantaged team takes far too long to turn the puck around and move it back up the ice, which should always be done at breakneck speed. Fortunately neither the Knights nor the Capitols are guilty of this to an excessive degree. But this mistake is one of the reasons an otherwise very strong Nashville team did not move on*, the other reason is of course Las Vegas!

*Subban repeatedly committed the worst possible error in passing the puck backwards in this situation. Of all choices available this the worst.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  3. Go Penguins 2.0!

• That was a good game yesterday.
    • Las Vegas 6 Washington 4.
    • Next game Wednesday 8PM EST in Las Vegas.

4. piezoe

piezoe

Yes, great game. Two outstanding evenly matched teams.. This is going to be a great series.