Las Vegas day traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by 777, Jun 24, 2020.

1. 777

Ideas for meeting Las Vegas day traders?

PonyHinch likes this.
  2. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

What do you trade? I trade futures, flat eod.

How long have you been trading? A long fricken time! However, this does not make me a teacher of trading.

3. 777

Many years ago, I traded equities:

NYSE Openings Orders, pairs, news.

17 years ago I knew many winning day traders. None of then win now, or even trade.

Algorithms and less favorable rules have taken a toll on the mom and pop traders.

The largest day trading firm of their era, Shoenfeld, mostly got rid of their manual day traders years ago, etc, etc.

I am looking to network and see what is now possible.

I will PM you.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    PonyHinch likes this.
  4. guru

guru

5. 777

Thank you.

I went to one that was worse than worthless but I see there are more.

The one I went to had a fellow selling harmful products and a room full of people who loss money.

Will come back and mention if one of the others has meaningful value.

guru likes this.
  6. If I may: How's life in Las Vegas?

7. Karin42

Karin42

Sometimes it's very interesting to communicate with your colleagues live, because I used to be sure that a trader is a certain type of person, who is a bit excited, fully focused on the market, works hard on himself and has an analytical mind, but now I understand that everything develops quite differently.
    In fact, trading is performed by people of different professions, with different characters and personalities. And at the same time, each of them can achieve incredible achievements, especially if a person can objectively assess their strengths and weaknesses and competently use it in their work.
    So it can really be useful, because you will be surprised at what different interesting people have in common this difficult task.

777 likes this.
  8. 777

Life is OK for me.

Laissez Faire likes this.
  9. guru

guru

No different than anywhere else. Except you may feel like you’re on vacation every time you step outside.

orbit23 and Laissez Faire like this.
  10. I was there a few years ago, but was drunk out of my mind half the time, so I wouldn't know. If I can be honest, it didn't strike me as a place I would want to settle down. Then again, I'm sure Las Vegas have a lot more to offer than the strip joints and hotels I mostly frequented on my short stay.

I felt more at ease in San Francisco, but I assume the cost of living is considerably higher there as well.

#10     Jun 25, 2020