Kudos To Gladys

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jan 19, 2019.

1. wildchild

wildchild

The left-wing, anti-American wackos offer nothing but sorrow and division. Its good to see Gladys Knight standing up to this vile bunch. This is certainly going to melt some snowflakes.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...them-super-bowl-face-criticism-200659397.html
    Gladys Knight was criticized following the announcement that she’ll be singing the national anthem at the Super Bowl, but the backlash will not make her change her mind.

That’s what the “Midnight Train to Georgia” songstress told Variety in response to the news outlet’s question about her stance on the NFL’s treatment of Colin Kaepernick, who refused to stand during the anthem in protest of injustices against African-Americans and other minorities in the United States and has been out of a job since the 2016 season ended.

“I understand that Mr. Kaepernick is protesting two things, and they are police violence and injustice,” Knight, a seven-time Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, told Variety. “It is unfortunate that our national anthem has been dragged into this debate when the distinctive senses of the national anthem and fighting for justice should each stand alone.”

She continued, “I am here today and on Sunday, Feb. 3 to give the anthem back its voice, to stand for that historic choice of words, the way it unites us when we hear it and to free it from the same prejudices and struggles I have fought long and hard for all my life, from walking back hallways, from marching with our social leaders, from using my voice for good — I have been in the forefront of this battle longer than most of those voicing their opinions to win the right to sing our country’s anthem on a stage as large as the Super Bowl LIII.”

2. Many others players have knelt and are still in the NFL, stil dont understand why Kap got blacklisted so hard and the rest still get to play,

3. wildchild

wildchild

I have seen no evidence he wants to play.

4. Because he sucks as a QB.
    People forget Kap sucked after his first year when defensive coordinators got tape and were able to adjust to him.

If Hitler could out duel Brady/Brees etc, teams would be lining up to sign him.
    No reason to have a backup level QB with all that baggage.

5. Yeah but there was a serious shortage at backups and worse QBs were getting signed for the bench. No one wanted to touch him since he was the face of the movement and other players were less vocal.

6. Exactly.
    Nobody wants that controversy unless he’s a difference maker. Kap is a better than average backup AT BEST, so not worth the baggage.