Kobe Bryant & daughter dead in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cuddles, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

RIP

Kobe was traveling with at least 3 other people in his private helicopter when it went down. A fire broke out. Emergency personnel responded, but nobody on board survived. 5 people are confirmed dead. We're told Vanessa Bryant was not among those on board.

Kobe has famously used a helicopter to travel for years -- dating back to when he played for the Lakers. He was known for commuting from Newport Beach, CA to the STAPLES Center in DTLA in his Sikorsky S-76 chopper.

[​IMG]

Nobert likes this.
  2. Nobert

Nobert

Did it went down because the fire broke out, or fire broke out, once crashed ?

my point is,
    80% of small plane crashes, happens due pilot faults.

Was it worth it, to use the luxury of privacy, or this privilege only because one can do so ,
    while if i had to guess , the % of flights with smaller planes vs something like new BA models (although those sucks as well),
    is of higher danger.

Life and death, - game of the numbers...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

It sounds like it was making unusual noise as it went down, I'm going to guess a lack of service issue.

I'd fly private in a heart beat. The increased chance of death is a small price to pay when weighted against dealing w/airlines, crammed spaces, and the people you have to share those cram spaces with.

Can you imagine flying commercial being 6'6" Kobe? Oh lawd! I'm an inch shorter and want to shoot myself any time I fly coach

4. LMAO, "death is a small price to pay", Out of the mouth of babes...

6. d08

d08

The adult men calling themselves fans and literally crying about his death are hilarious though. Dude bounced a ball around and enjoyed an incredible life.

7. Wallet

Wallet

We are Marshall.

8. Cuddles

Cuddles

Imagine how much worse commercial air travel must be

I too enjoy a good fiction.

There's something to be said about losing prodigies dominating in a sport among the best walking the earth. I lost interest in bball a long time ago, but I can remember shedding a manly tear when we lost Ali.

9. The Truth is stranger than fiction...