Khabib!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by destriero, Oct 7, 2018.

1. destriero

destriero

What an awesome show by Nurmagomedov. Fantastic finish. McNuggets had less than 10 significant strikes. At one point it was 59/3 on strikes. McG to see his gynecologist tomorrow.

dealmaker likes this.
  2. contra

contra

lol! I'm a big fan of Nurmagomedov's grappling, he immediately ties up the legs and destroys. One of the best parts was how he connected that right hand which almost put McGregor out; didn't see that one coming.

Also, new footage today shows the angle of where that guy Dillon Danis got attacked by Khabib outside the cage... Khabib jumped feet first and throw a gorilla style punch that connected... was pretty damn impressive.

The Ferguson fight was good too.

dealmaker and destriero like this.
  3. destriero

destriero

That right put him on his ass. What a poser. Zero ground game and beaten on his stand-up by a grappler. Finally at a loss for words after getting absolutely reamed. I loved every second of that fight although I wish that Khabib would have had the time to inflict more damage to McNutless.

contra likes this.
  4. destriero

destriero

I didn’t see much of the Danis melee. Wife was pissed that I was watching UFC... then tells me to turn up the volume during the melee action!

contra likes this.
  5. contra

contra

He couldn't do shit on the ground besides cheat with his feet in the cage. Illegally holding Khabib's gloves too while he was against the cage, praying he could hold him there. He was wasted after the first round; his cardio is so bad. I also wish khabib did more damage, but overall it went down exactly as I thought it would.

6. destriero

destriero

I will amend my earlier comment about McNugget’s ground game. It’s certainly the best that I’ve seen him, but he’s still terrible on the ground. Like WSOF level.

7. contra

contra

Good drama.

8. destriero

destriero

IKR? Herb Dean let McG lie there with his feet/toes inside the chain-link. Even the wife thought that was obv BS. I saw Khabib talking to Dean about the holding. What an ass-kicking. Loved it.

contra likes this.
  9. contra

contra

Yeah well I'm sure that's all he was doing for his whole camp was working on how to defend against the grappling.

You can't get that good at grappling in a few months or even a few years. Especially against a high level grappler that's been doing it his whole life.

True, Khabib will make even a good grappler look bad. I'd love to see him against Ben Askren or someone like that, any D1 national champ. Gregor Gillespie seems like a great prospect in that division.

10. contra

contra

Well I shouldn't say you can't get good, I'm just saying you can't wrestle/grapple for a few years and go against high level opponents and do that good. You need crazy amounts of drilling and experience.

#10     Oct 7, 2018