Karate Kitties !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ThunderThor, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Karate Kitties! Photographer captures Kung Fu cats mid-air as they offer a masterclass in martial arts
    • Talented photographer Hisakata Hiroyuki captures images of cats in mid-air
    • The agile felines look like they're doing karate moves in the images
    • Hiroyuki has published a book of images and has a dedicated online following

By JO TWEEDY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:30 EDT, 31 October 2017 | UPDATED: 12:37 EDT, 31 October 2017

Cat lovers will tell you that there's no limit to the feline species skill-set...and this startling set of images shows just how agile they really are.

Japanese photographer Hisakata Hiroyuki has produced a book showing the karate-style moves of cats in motion - and it offers a masterclass in martial arts that Mr Miyagi himself would be proud of.

Capturing cats in the middle of feline war-fare, they're seen lunging a paw, offering a powerful kick with their back legs or simply just hissing from a great height.

[​IMG]

+12
    Hiii-yaa! The handiwork of photographer Hisakata Hiroyuki includes cats caught mid-pounce

[​IMG]

+12
    The images, which can take an hour to capture, show cats flying through the air as they engage in kitty warfare

[​IMG]

+12
    Strictly Cat Dancing! The shots, which have now been placed in a book, show just how lithe felines are

They look effortless but the clever shots can sometimes take an hour or more to capture...as the old adage says, never work with children and flying cats.

Each image shows a freeze frame of just the right second where a cat looks like they're flexing their fighting talents - and one assumes the snapper is left with a surplus stack of shots showing cats hitting the ground.

The karate kitties have garnered such an interest that photographer Hisakata Hiroyuki has 35,000 followers.

[​IMG]

+12
    Great heights: A tabby cat reaches impressive heights while a ginger tom looks on

[​IMG]

+12
    Put that cat in goal for England! A black-and-white pussy leaps up, paw outstretched

[​IMG]

+12
    [​IMG]

+12

Life's dramatic when you're fighting an imaginary enemy Right, Let me show you my coolest trick! A white pussy launches its left leg out in a mid-air kick

[​IMG]

+12
    Prettiest predators: The nimble cats are often picture a metre or more from the ground

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And often the moves come with a maniacal face as the cats are in fighting mode

[​IMG]

+12
    Streak of feline lightning - a white-pawed cat pounces for something in the air, against a tangerine sky

[​IMG]

+12

Geronimo! A Persian cat brandishes its best weapon - ten razor-sharp claws

[​IMG]

+12
    Where's Mr Miyagi when you need him? A quintet of cats battle it out while airborne

[​IMG]

+12
    Prancing: this flexible puss bends its body over in pursuit of prey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5035989/Photographer-shoots-cats-Kung-Fu-moves.html

Tsing Tao and mlawson71 like this.
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

Cats are truly fascinating creatures. All my life I've had a cat and I wouldn't change that experience for the world.

ThunderThor likes this.
  3. Carlll

Carlll

I love cat. I have one at home. They are actually funny but sometimes they do things that can stress you out.