Just heard this on Rush.......This will damage the Pubs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Sep 16, 2010.

1. If you do a search, you will find that I had stated as much repeatedly over time.

#21     Sep 16, 2010
  2. This from the cartoonish moron who thinks one can draw a conclusion about the origin of the universe with a flawed analogy about a fictional teapot.

Too bad you don't live in that teapot.

#22     Sep 16, 2010
  3. Hello

Hello

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

#23     Sep 16, 2010
  4. Very original :D

[​IMG]

#24     Sep 16, 2010
  5. Well okay then!

It is interesting that so much is made of your participation in this forum, regardless of your views. Any smart Canadian would keep a close eye on DC, as almost anything that happens in DC will surely affect Canada eventually.

#25     Sep 16, 2010
  6. Trader666, please don't take this the wrong way, but you should at least try not embarrassing yourself wherever you go. If you don't understand the logical implication of Russell's argument, then it doesn't score you any points to advertise it. You are not smarter than Russell. Get over it. You may not like him. You may not share his views on religion. But you are not going to outwit a noted logician. And despite jem's claim in another thread that Russell's argument no longer applies in today's world, the fact remains that fundamental logic has not changed regarding the disproving of unfalsifiable claims.

Now please stop polluting other threads and try to dispose of those chips on your shoulder in some other and less obtrusive way. Thank you.

#26     Sep 16, 2010
  7. The only problem with that is what I would call the "Pompeii Effect".

Vesuvius gave warnings for quite some time that she was about to erupt. The smart and resourceful got outta town. We see the dullest of them in the museums today.

http://volcano.oregonstate.edu/vwdocs/volc_images/europe_west_asia/dog.jpg

We are clearly in a situation where our present trajectory, if unchecked is going to lead to some rather severe consequences, and these are the ones that we can foresee. I am concerned at this stage about the "let the Libs fuck it up" position because honestly as long as I am on this boat I have no interest in seeing it sink. Intentional or not, we need to address our fiscal house and do what we have to do.

Ironically, this is Marxist.
    "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

If the entitlement class grows any more, they will capsize the boat. Apparently our President either does not know this or has not adequately articulated his position on how we get out of this.
    Bush started it, will not suffice, we are still going to sink! I do not care who started it!

The Tea Party has a few nutbirds in it, okay, fine. Does somebody have a better idea?

#27     Sep 16, 2010
  8. Looks like Rove got the memo; "They're idiots, but they're OUR idiots".

#28     Sep 16, 2010
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Conservatives are voting on their principals regardless of whether it means losing or not.

I would rather the democrats win a particular seat than have some worthless RINO holding that seat.

#29     Sep 16, 2010
  10. Oh please. Spare me your haughty and flawed "appeal to authority." You can't argue something on its merit so you revert to your default position which is that an "expert" said so (even if it's an atheist with an agenda), therefore it must be 100% objective and true/good/more valid, etc. Wrong.
    Actually jem has a point because the teapot Russell described IS falsifiable. Which Russell didn't realize at the time and shows that his basis for comparing it with God was wrong. Which is a lot more than a quibble if you think about it. Well not YOU, I meant if one thinks about it. But Russell was an atheist with an agenda and so are you so please do continue to worship at his altar of ultimate truth.

#30     Sep 16, 2010