JP Morgan to offer free trading

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by LS1Z28, Aug 21, 2018.

1. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/21/jp-...th-an-eye-catching-disruptive-price-free.html
    JP Morgan is set to introduce an app similar to Robinhood. All of their customers get 100 free trades per year and their Chase Private Clients get free unlimited trading. The details are still limited. They don't officially launch the service until next week.

I don't see this affecting the brokers designed for active trading. (Free trading always comes at a price.) But this could be a huge development for the larger brokers geared more towards investing.

2. lindq

lindq

J.P. Morgan doesn't give anything for nothing.

Duh.

Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

They will internalize the flow.
    They will create a path to sell more Chase services to those customers (who will be millenials who are just starting to build their wealth).

TheBigShort likes this.
  4. "To open a You Invest Trade account, all you need is a valid Social Security number and a U.S. home address."

5. Does anyone with a Chase account can login to you invest and see if you can have access to JP Morgan stock research. I would be tempted to throw some money their way if i can get their stock research. I read that there is some stock research, but I am not sure if its the banks own stock analyst opinions. Thank you if you can provide some insight into this issue for me.