Jerome Kerviel Free. Fraud Charges Dismissed

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by buzzy2, Jan 29, 2008.

1. zdreg

zdreg

how much was the the loss by the rouge trader.
    how much more was lost when the position was unwound?

#11     Jan 30, 2008
  2. "No, the trader will probably get a book and movie deal and end up working for a hedge fund here just like Brian Hunter or Steve Cohen."

Exactly

#12     Jan 30, 2008
  3. His book will make Timmay Sykes' look very tame :D

#13     Jan 30, 2008
  4. Where is possible purchase his book?

#14     Jan 30, 2008
  5. Well he's French so it will take him about a decade to write. He'll have to put in at least 5 hours a day if it's a full time job and then strike over the pay conditions terms of contract etc

It'll be a while...

#15     Jan 30, 2008
  6. ssblack

ssblack

lol

#16     Jan 30, 2008
  7. I wonder, do the french have any better jokes for the 'mericans than these at the expense of the french?

#17     Jan 30, 2008
  8. :D

#18     Jan 30, 2008
  9. LOL, read Path Integral's response here (reproduced below for the lazy arses):
    http://www.nuclearphynance.com/Show Post.aspx?PostIDKey=109938

Subject: FRENCH TRADER WAS FORCED TO WORK 30 HOURS A WEEK

FRENCH TRADER WAS FORCED TO WORK 30 HOURS A WEEK

FRIENDS of rogue trader Jerome Kerviel last night blamed his $7 billion losses on unbearable levels of stress brought on by a punishing 30 hour week.

Kerviel was known to start work as early as nine in the morning and still be at his desk at five or even five-thirty, often with just an hour and a half for lunch.

One colleague said: "He was, how you say, une workaholique. I have a family and a mistress so I would leave the office at around 2pm at the latest, if I wasn't on strike.

"But Jerome was tied to that desk. One day I came back to the office at 3pm because I had forgotten my stupid little hat, and there he was, fast asleep on the photocopier.

"At first I assumed he had been having sex with it, but then I remembered he'd been working for almost six hours."

As the losses mounted, Kerviel tried to conceal his bad trades by covering them with an intense red wine sauce, later switching to delicate pastry horns.

At one point he managed to dispose of dozens of transactions by hiding them inside vol-au-vent cases and staging a fake reception.

:D :D :D

#19     Jan 30, 2008
  10. I was thinking the very same thing.

Any ghost writers here on ET?

#20     Jan 30, 2008