It's been 3 years and I'm back!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by s0mmi, Sep 2, 2016.

1. s0mmi

s0mmi

I made this thread 3 yrs ago when I was a little ding dong:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...make-over-1-million-a-year-at-my-firm.280041/

Feel free to ask questions but I'll get the most obvious ones out of the way now:

1. I'm still mostly Day Trading Futures (Bonds) and I am now about 5 times bigger than I was in Nov 2013. Dollar for dollar this means an average month back then would be $10-20k for a win month but that now means $50k-100k for a win month. These numbers don't mean I'm 5 times better. It just means I risk more. My Full black-swan stop was $20k back then but now it's $100k. That's it. It's not magic. I'm not trying 5 times harder. It's about Risk/Reward. We tend to focus on the Reward part right. Does Warren Buffet say "I made $1 billion!" or does he say "We made a good 22% p.a. return by the time we came to sell." In trading and investing, punching with $1000 can pack the same punch as punching with $1m.

Desk:

2. I theoretically ended my year in one trade.

Day candle of T-note chart (This happened off no Tier 1 data)
    October 15th, 2014:

This is a T-note chart, I was in a spread (not big size) and a Black Swan event happened. On no Tier 1 data or commentary, the notes went TRIPLE its biggest distance in 2 years. At the worst point it breached 10 times my stop, it exponentially snowballed from +$3,000 to -$440,000 and would've wiped my year to Zero if I exited (which I should have because I deserved it). This all happened in 3 hrs. I managed it back to -$120,000 which I was so happy about and akin to being glad you didn't lose all 4 limbs but only 3 in a car accident... I waited until the early birds would wake up, and I went Max Clip 30-minutes before they awoke from the Asia session. I was the only guy in there, and a weak one at that point. I was able to get loss of -$120,000 back to my set stop loss of -$40,000 and call it a career saved.

Anyway the lesson is, you need a Black-swan Full Dollar Stop because you need to admit at one point you do NOT know what is going on and you must survive to trade tomorrow. I broke every rule under the sun for that trade and that was my one "Hail Mary". I used my life line and never again.

3. From the original thread, there were 3 "Million dollar Traders".
    [2] of them evolved. Unsure about the last one, probably Stale at best.

Compared to 3 years ago, MANY people are gone. They couldn't survive anymore. Bonds, equities, outright, spreads. But it wasn't Luck. Also, newer people have come in and learned off the winners and taken on their good habits from the get go. So the old timers who refused to change ways, are gone. And the new kids, who don't have all the stale experiences, are learning the good things from the start. It's a cycle. I'm still here.

I could tell you why each person wasn't winning and is still winning. I'll share everything if you bother to ask the right questions.

===
    P.S.
    I apologise for not being able to constantly reply to inbox messages. My brain, every day, is focused on not getting brutally raped. It takes a lot of zehn to be able to step back and reply to messages. I want to help as many of you as I can but I can only take so much.

zghorner, repco_yeoh, IETD and 17 others like this.
  2. koolaid

koolaid

Is this a prop firm where everyone trades their own money?

3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Up-till volatility died a few firms had million $ traders. Which firm are/ were you with?

4. Handle123

Handle123

Do you keep anything over nite? I been selling Financials since about mid 2011 for Long Term, I doubt I am gotten short highs even now, cause eventually going to be Black Swan for stock market and tons be rolling into Financials. Waiting for June 24 lows be taken out for snowball down. I do some day trading and spreads. But I actually prefer the Bund.

beginner66 likes this.
  5. s0mmi...I didn't read the entire contents of your original thread, but why were you away for 3 years? I trade the 30yr. outright and I'm assuming you're trading bond spreads still? Obviously, you believe spreads trend better if that's the case. Am I right?

6. Zestilio

Zestilio

I wonder why would a successful trader waste his time and money (since time IS money) on forums like this talking to newbies?

7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What does that say about you? Or is this another post you have copied from reddit?

Gambit likes this.
  8. J_Smith

J_Smith

Look, you are 1000% correct - only Gobshites waste their time on these stupid forums - for, as you rightly said, Time = Money.

Give something back - what a load of bollox - reminds me of that stupid "Phantom of The Pits" article some years ago - meditation me arse, visualization me arse - cop the fuk on, learn how to gamble correctly and responsibly, and STOP listening to idiots posting a load of shite on dumb internet sites.

The best post on this stupid site in a long time - well done, who ever you are:thumbsup:

J_S

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

You know, I try really hard to give people the freedom to be themselves, but you're just a negative asshole. The thread starter comes on here with a legitimate topic and then you come along and wreck it with your negativity.

I'm so sick of hearing you whine about how stupid this site is, or how dumb all forums are, yet you're on here every damn day reading and posting. You go on and on about how all these "gobshites" are wasting their time here, but then you just continue posting and doing the exact opposite of what you supposedly believe.

So in summary, your condescending attitude sucks and I'm over it. So congrats, you just got yourself banned.

Go whine and complain somewhere else.

soapmaker, johnnyrock, Hoi and 56 others like this.
  10. Damn, I wish I could buy you a beer right now.

#10     Sep 2, 2016